or Connect

Posts by gar

well, actually, the powermac G3 and the powerbook G3 (aka kanga) where both introduced in 1997 (same month iirc) . the imac was introduced less than a year later. the G4 is a frustrating story of low yields and scalability issues. that's why we had to wait that long for a powerbook G4 and an imac G4. now everything will be different, but i still think apple wants to milk this cow as much as possible so indeed: imac (at least) one year later but the powerbook muchmuchmuch...
ah... you obviously don't buy your software. do you?i think most proffesional apple users do care. many of them use quark xpress or other non osx native apps and as if... i think it would take some time till they upgrade because it still run's in classic end upgrading costs a lot of money per computer.i think a lot of software makers don't like it when apple shove aside their investments in powerpc technology
your right, the answer is no, but you don't want to wait for the software eighter... but that won't be the problem, actually. come as you are and first things first. i would be glad when it's january 2004 and we aren't so eager to see the future anymore because the future is right in our hands.hmm... watch to much BBCworld. makes me a little pesimistic though...
really very old news, ...there has been a thread about this somewhere in the AI archives. not really interesting they are going to use intel processors for their renderfarm. this has nothing to do with apple nor with its ppc970 shedule; pixar needed a renderfarm end they needed per direct... (well, they needed it in januari) so what do you do if you need something and you know something great is on its way? you go for the cheapest and best sollution at that time. steve...
well actually he has a point there, the boys at weta where screaming for a 64bit shake. i think updating a application from 32bit to 64bit is worth a real update... oh no, your right sorry, they can name it shake 3.5 v64 and indeed it will take some time to do so. since apple bought shake after the november 2001 motorola G5 debacle so by now apple should have been toying around with 64bit osx for a while...so... well... sorry, i go to bed now, stupid white beer well at...
thank you
off topicwhere do you get these numbers from?(i love numbers )
i don't believe apple's market share will increase if they cut prices. i'll still buy one computer for less money and don't think of buying two, because they are cheaper. what is market share anyway? are we looking at new sold computers? or computers used in a daily base? do you know how many 3.5-4 years old BW G3towers are still in use out there? if you look at that part of market share it isn't that bad. the only way apple can increase that kind of market share you opt...
100% sarcasm. sorry, i had the urge to say something really stupid.