or Connect

Posts by dusk

A lot of reviews are out from Arrendale Notebooks and it looks bad. I am starting to feel like there will be no Apple MBP Upgrades till this summer when Intel gives us a cooler refresh of these chips. Does anybody still think there are new MBP coming, because of any reason other than that it would be the usual schedule? I didn't read about any rumors (not counting the clearly invalid Intel old MBP showing thing). What really makes me believe there are no new MBP...
I was also hoping for any new info on a refresh. The GPU is really outdated. I want specs like the Envy 15 with Core i5 and HD5830 in an MBP. Spring is to late for me. I would have bought the Envy if those HP idiots didn't put a P55 Chipset in there. How dumb can you be. With an i5 you have a GPU sitting in there you cannot use no matter what. There is just one chip sitting there completely useless. This ipad looks pretty ugly on the pictures. Don't you think. It...
net income sky rockets sound great and all. Truth is it only back to normal. 2 Billion net income was standard for intel in the years before the recession and since they are gaining more and more ground on AMD 2010 is going to be a great year for them. There is no really no challenge out there this coming year. They could completely mess up a new Architecture and would still sell shit loads of the old one. 2011 or 12 this might change a little as ARM will gain access to...
You don't even check the facts when they are available. The new Intel GPU is pretty decent. The Desktop version on 900Mhz almost outperforms the 790GX from AMD which is as fast as an 9400M. The Notebook Versions are clocked lower but are still around twice as fast than the old X4500. And the x264 acceleration seems to be even better on the new Intel IGP than on 9400M. Since now tons of notebooks come with switchable graphics the only thing those new Arrendales mean is...
That is only an Apple Fanboy rumor. Intel had a ResearchUnit that was trying to integrate optical transmitters and so on into a silicon Chip for over 10 Years. The perfect cable came around and intel was working on the devices you need on the end and beginning of the cable (or any optical cable). The only thing Apple might have done is tell Intel. "Hey we know you are working on shrink this stuff, speed it up we want it, you got all our support for a fast introduction."...
I hope the next MBP come with an HD5750 which will be release around the same time. It would be a tremendous jump in performance from the outdated 9600M they have now. Addionally removing the optical drive would sound like something they could do now. Few people will ever miss it and if there come an external DVD Burner and BTO Blu Ray most will be happy. If they stick with the current unibody case they might use the space to enlarge the battery even more. I want a full...
In your whole discussion you are missing one important question. Getting a Clarksfield into the 17" MBP is not so much a question of feasibility as it is of reasonability. If you look at the HP Envy I am pretty sure the 17" cooling system could if slightly tweaked cool a clarksfield. But it would definitely run hotter as due to the Turbo mode the 45 Watt are far more often reached and due to the overall increase in TDP. Thus it would probably not stay a very quiet...
I got an iPhone recently (my first Apple hardware product). It is fun and great to have a micro notebook always in the pocket but there is also some stuff I don't get. I did jailbreak it already as I wanted this fast toggle and I wanted to be able to disable cover flow (that really sucks). BTW the iphone is great in most things but as an Mp3 player it is okay at best. I would never buy just an ipod touch. What really bugs me is you can just simply put files on it. I was...
And for those of us who use/need more than one Browser nothing really changes, as there you probably can choose only one. I think Mozilla woman has one point. Safari really sucks on windows. If you only count the useful features (unlike stupid ressource hogs like cover flow) it is as good as Chrome. The Latte also offers decent speed in everything. Safari renders fast but that is about it, and every modern Browser renders fast enough. On my older machine the starting up...
Yeah there are and they are brilliant. I have one on my Samsung Notebook. It is about 50 bucks I guess for such an already prefectly cut highend film. And also putting them on wihtout any bubbles takes some patience and a room as dust free as possible. But you can clean it and try a few times till you get it right. Once it is on the screen you have all the pros of a matt screen but inside the difference in color is very small imo. Contrast is sometimes even better in some...