or Connect

Posts by dusk

DMI is just a 10Gbit in default slow link for slow stuff. QPI is 25,6 GByte/s High speed link that is 200 Gbit/s. Well it very much looks like they will launch 32nm parts in Q4 2009 but they won't be available in any significant number till Q1 2010. Here is what the new chips will look like. http://www.computerbase.de/bildstrecke/26106/8/ Intel and nvidia are fighting about what the current license agreement includes. Intel thinks if there is no FSB but an...
@mrtotes Be proud. Having such a creative videocard @Hatting That is an idea. But I doubt it will come till Christmas. There'd be some gossip. I'm not entirly sure though if it is a smart idea. The silizium they use for southbridges is afaik more the low leakage optimized type, while the cpu uses the high clock speed optimized silizium. And the Board layout might be very different. Probably not a very simple way to go. @FuturePastNow What you don't seem to be...
Well that's not really the whole truth. The thing is if nvidia doesn't get a QPI licence they are out of buisness. It ist true that the next generation mobile nehalems only connect everything on the die with the rest via DMI, but the rest isn't very much. Intel integrates on die a memory controller, a GPU (G55) and PCIe x16 links in one Chip and as a second chip on the same die sits the chip with the two westmere cores. Both of these chips are connected via QPI. There ist...
There are all these comparably cheap new MacBook Pros and I happen to be looking for a notebook at the moment. I was waiting for a Acer Timeline or the Dell Studio 14z but the new MBP als not that much more expensive. (With the insides I want) Something that's bothering me is the keyboard. I simply can't find a picture of any other layout but the standard U.S. which I want to avoid since it doesn't have enough keys. Remapping it to german is not really...
Thanks I know there is only one model that's the one of advantage over most other phone which usually only support either us or european UMTS. If I get a jailbroken and unlocked phone (because ie the fact.unlock. is significantly more expensive), is it still likely that I can unlock it after updateing the firmware?? I know a lot about computers but I just don't know how difficult it is to unlock a phone or if I get all the features unlocked. It is after all some piece...
I intend to buy some sort of an smartphone. I'm thinking about buying an unlocked iphone over ebay. There are some points I do not fully understand about this thingy. I want to know if there are any significant problems that would await me if I want to upgarde some (ebay bought) iphone 3G with FM 2.2.1 or older with the 3.0 OS. I need to buy some unlocked over ebay. Although my current provider offers an iphone their price is ridiculous. This phone is never worth that...