or Connect

Posts by polymnia

I'm pretty sure the 13" aluminum MB was the last and highest expression of the MB lineup. I bought one of these for my girlfriend. I can't speak to a transition of the design to MBP, I never owned a non-retina milled aluminum MBP, but did the non-retina milled MBPs have removable batteries? The aluminum MB was the last Mac with a removable battery, wasn't it? One of the design features that died with the MB? My impression was the non-retina MBP 13" was a scaled down...
I hear you too, but the original MB did get transitioned to the milled aluminum case design before being replaced by the MBA brand. It was a really nice machine before being replaced.Remember that the very first MBA seemed unlikely to eclipse anything in its first iteration. Many here made very similar criticisms of its limited design. And they made good points. Rather than throw in the towel, Apple doubled down on the Air concept and produced the amazing 2nd gen products...
Not a great analogy.A dump truck Mac would be a Mac with tons of ports, expansion and gratuitous power for a variety of tasks.This is more like a track bicycle running on a chainsaw engine. Not much horsepower, but sufficient to power the machine for its limited design envelope and small payload.
It seemed insane a few years back when the original MacBook line was killed leaving only MBA & MBP. Nothing surprises me anymore in the naming of Apple products.
You don't quote these bits:"while avoiding licensing fees"And that VAG Rounded "is now licensed by Adobe."Which is a baseless assumption since there is no licensing cost to continue using the typeface licensed by Adobe. Granted, perhaps the author isn't familiar with the finer points of font licensing. But why draw this dubious conclusion in the first place? It seems that the intent was to suggest apple doesn't want to pay adobe, rather would prefer to roll their own and...
   And some girls!
Regarding the typeface used on the key caps: this move is totally motivated by art direction and branding. The designer doesn't need to purchase per unit licenses for a product using renderings of a typeface. They just need licenses for the actual designer's machines. Just like I can print as many books as I like using a typeface I've licensed without paying per book. Now if VAG Rounded were installed on every Mac whose key caps were rendered in VAG Rounded, that would be...
It's a bit unfair to expect a hosted document solution to be billed one-time for perpetual usage. They are providing infrastructure and maintenance of servers & software to keep the system working. I don't think other notable document signature processing services offer a one-time purchase model.
Appleinsider is certainly in the rumor industry, but get-rich-quick? Not so sure. They publish lots of articles daily. Some derived from easily cited sources with minimal editorial, but some clearly based on deep research and real journalism. I've found a lot of the rumor analysis here to be very close to the mark and I don't think it's fair to characterize this as a get-rich-quick business.
The scores aren't super important, but not COMPLETELY worthless. A couple weekends ago I dumped a mug of coffee into my MBP Retina's keyboard. Instant death, or so it appeared. I had to pour the coffee out the cooling vents near the hinge. Fortunately, since I'm a nerd, I had an iFixit toolkit on hand with the pentalobe drivers needed to open the machine. I quickly disassembled the thing down the the main board and dried it out as best I could. All the little water...