or Connect

Posts by polymnia

I guess I was commenting on the bulk of what was said in your reply. That being your distain for Adobe's default shortcuts. You dedicate half of two sentences to Pixelmator, while you devote two full sentences and half of two others to your displeasure with Adobe. I followed the herd. If adobe's shortcuts are your main problem, you can change them easily. Shit, change them to match Pixelmator's! Then you can relearn just once and be proficient in both.
Are you having trouble reading?
Sorry to comment on my own comment...but it does occur to me that if Adobe did want to be LESS lazy & stupid, perhaps they could ship with two default shortcut schemes: Legacy and Unified and let users pick one upon installation. They already have the customization capabilities in place. And of course it would be awesome if Pixelmator would off some customization, too.
You are aware that almost all Adobe software worth talking about has assignable keyboard...
Just so I can write intelligently about Pixelmator specifically, I bought it and attempted to do the first step in the task I have been working on all day: Opening RAW images to be used as the starting point of a photo composition.   Pixelmator did open the CR2 RAW file i needed, however there was no RAW conversion screen presented as the RAW was opened. So my guess is that it extracts the JPG Preview in the RAW rather than an actual RAW conversion with options. Either...
 I don't think I'm above everyone else. I do know that my needs are very extensive and specific in an image editor. I won't bore you with all the details of my career, but suffice it to say I've been making my money with Photoshop & the rest of the Adobe design tools since 1994. In the same way I am the professional in this discussion, I'm not going to go to an Adobe Premier or AfterEffects news item (Applications I am a hobbiest at best with) and suggest that the latest...
 Actually, I can see a very good technical reason that there is no CMYK mode in Pixelmator. Pixelmator operates in sRGB color mode only, from what I can tell. It will convert other color spaces into sRGB. Since it doesn't natively work in other color models, you can't say they have the expertise. Even f they do possess the expertise to develop this capability, they haven't done the work to make it happen. It's not just flipping a switch. One of the backbone technologies...
 Sorry to characterize Rob53 as one of the people I am tired of. Your comment is perfectly reasonable, I am referring to other commenters in the last couple lines of my comment. I kind of get on a roll on this topic sometimes ;)
  5K: Yes, Photoshop will use as many pixels as your Mac can output. Handoff: Sort of Yes, in Adobe's own way since Handoff wasn't a thing when Adobe developed the feature. Each major Creative Cloud Desktop App has a corresponding iOS App where files can be passed back and forth. This is powered by Adobe's Creative Cloud, not using any Apple-specific OS/iOS framework. Having not upgraded my production Macs to Yosemite, I imagine that there is no enhancement to this...
   A bit of high-grade adhesive or tape would attach the external SuperDrive nicely to the back of your new iMac. Problem solved.