or Connect

Posts by Psych_guy

From where I'm standing with iOS on two devices (whoops that makes me a fanboy I guess!) I don't have a problem with Apple maps, so in my mind I don't see why Tim should apologize. Quite frankly unless a poll were released to show how many people were actually affected by the issue, I choose not to listen to people who bitch and moan so loudly they drawnout everyone else. For all you know they could be a minority.
You misread my statement. Most tech pundits and blog whiners are complaining that Google maps is gone and they don't have the choice to bring it back.Yes Tim did suggest other alternatives, and that's because Google will probably not be back.
Yes, very well stated. I forgot about the 30%. Apple has Google in a corner, that's for sure.
The only way you will get mea culpa is if Tim decides to go back to Google and scraps Apple Maps altogether. Otherwise those of us who support Apple maps will continue to do so as it gets better.For those of you screaming to have the Google maps back on your iPhone, I highly doubt they will give you turn by turn directions. So in actuality you are asking for a hampered solution. But hey don't let logic step in your way.
What's your point? Apple has sold millions of iPhone 5 so far to customers who care very little about what the tech press and blog whiners have to say. If you don't believe that's what matters most to Apple, you're barking up the wrong tree.
"I don't see any other way to read it other than as a jerk snub to one of Apple's biggest markets.  Maybe it's not China or the US in terms of population, but "remote" it is not."   Oh, please.  Get over it.  Daniel was clearly not referring to the UK as remote islands.  He was clearly referring to Isla Mujeres and the US Virgin Islands.   If you read it as a snub, perhaps that says more about your own insecurities.
But, but, APPLE is doooooomed!
Kind of off topic:  Last night I was at the 49er v. Detroit Lions game in San Francisco and I swear iPhones outnumbered any other type of phone easily 15 to 1.  People want the iPhone, at least in the US.  Most were texting, taking pictures, surfing the net or Facebooking.
Maybe it isn't disappointing to those who are in the queue to purchase it?  Just a guess.
digitalclips said: Let's hear all the reasons Apple haters said this would fail ...?   There's only one reason really:  They're haters.