or Connect

Posts by Psych_guy

Please, please, please people, resist the urge to respond to the trolls to "one up" them.  Every response is another yank away from the greatness and awesomeness that was and is Steve Jobs.     Ignore the fools and instead comment on what "insanely great" products Steve brought us.  Comment on how they may have changed your lives.  Tell us what you thought when he held up iPhone and iPad and introduced them to the world.     I cut my teeth on a Macintosh Plus...
Isaacson captured Steve's toying with the idea of "Macintosh in a book" in the bio. Not sure why its a big deal now. I'm not sure "predict" is the right term. Steve clearly had the ideas in his head for such products. He had to wait for technology to catch up to his vision.
Sure they do. A hampered and lame app without turn-by-turn navigation right?
Please tell us how Google's maps is so much better than iOS apps is now. Because other than Streetview I'm not seeing it. Even then Streetview was a pain in the ass to use on iOS 5 and lower anyway. So it doesn't really matter as far as I'm concerned. But that's just me.
I only have my experience to go from. I'm not concerned with meta-analysis. So far my experience has been that Apple maps has been pretty good. Turn by turn navigation and basically the same features without Street view makes Apple's map product a win for me.I thought I would miss SigAlert features, but that is not a dealbreaker for me. It has some more accurate information about traffic though, even without the pretty colors.I travel extensively in the SF BA and haven't...
Apple maps has doomed Apple iPhone 5. Wait, what?
From where I'm standing with iOS on two devices (whoops that makes me a fanboy I guess!) I don't have a problem with Apple maps, so in my mind I don't see why Tim should apologize. Quite frankly unless a poll were released to show how many people were actually affected by the issue, I choose not to listen to people who bitch and moan so loudly they drawnout everyone else. For all you know they could be a minority.
You misread my statement. Most tech pundits and blog whiners are complaining that Google maps is gone and they don't have the choice to bring it back.Yes Tim did suggest other alternatives, and that's because Google will probably not be back.
Yes, very well stated. I forgot about the 30%. Apple has Google in a corner, that's for sure.
The only way you will get mea culpa is if Tim decides to go back to Google and scraps Apple Maps altogether. Otherwise those of us who support Apple maps will continue to do so as it gets better.For those of you screaming to have the Google maps back on your iPhone, I highly doubt they will give you turn by turn directions. So in actuality you are asking for a hampered solution. But hey don't let logic step in your way.