or Connect

Posts by Psych_guy

In order for Microsoft to make a comeback, they'll need to rebirth themselves into another company. A whole sale reorganization at the highest levels with new ideas people is going to the only thing that brings it back. As you said, Apple controls the game at this point. Ballmer's strategy is: copy Apple, make a few things different, beat our chest, fail. He has no idea that in order to beat Apple, he's going to have to create his own markets with new products, not...
That's not entirely true. There are a handful of celebrities who try to use their celebrity to make a corner of the world better (Clooney, Penn, Jolie and Pitt, Cheadle. Elton John. Hell even Jennifer Hudson and Charles Barkley doing Weight Watchers I would count as calling out obesity and trying to influence others to pay attention to their weight and health.) Their causes may not be your cup of tea but they're doing it.
I agree. The only time you have seen Apple go apeshit over a leak were the two lost iPhones. Everything else is let go for everyone to drool over.
This is an extreme example. Not everyone who steals a phone is a jail breaker, considering there are few out there in comparison to the everyday user and thief. I know for a fact the guy who stole my iPhone used it to watch "UP" on Netflix. After that I finally got to the Apple Store to have it wiped. He said it was just an iPod Touch now, without anything but the basic apps.
I didn't question the accuracy of the charges, just the timing of the story.
It was a hit piece, plain and simple. Apple's earnings were through the roof and the story was waiting in the wings until after the quarterly report. Don't know who is behind a lot of these auspiciously timed "news" stories about Apple, but they always seem to hit when Apple is at a peak. Are people wanting to short the stock that badly?
I was at the NFC Championship game between the 49ers and the Giants and I swear I saw pretty much that everybody had an iPhone of some sort or another. Maybe a small few of Android phones and even more slide-out keyboard phone thingies.
Poor Laurene. She still looks sad.
Yeah, there was that part where the former workers for Apple said something to the effect that Steve pushed them hard, but also instilled a great sense of pride and accomplishment in their work and that was something they wouldn't trade for the world.
Android maintain the lead in what? Profits?