or Connect

Posts by Psych_guy

At the risk of sounding pompous, I've always prided myself in knowing more than the knuckleheads at Fry's or even the Apple Store. It's thanks to sites like these and detailed Internet searching that i can be more knowledgeable than they. Now if it's about their inventory or store processes, obviously I can't know that.
You're an Apple contrarian. Of course you're going to say this.
That's the kind of thinking that caught every one of Apple's competitor's flat footed and why Apple kicked their collective asses.
i find it hilarious that many pundits continually exhort Apple to "compete" with other companies nipping at their heels, when quite clearly it's the opposite, as evidenced by this article and just the fact that Google came up with Android.Steve was about shattering paradigms to create new markets. Period. Whether this continues without him will be anybody's guess. Perhaps Scott Forstall can pick up the mantle. One can hope.Anyone else who hope to follow is just lapping...
Likely AT&T went with the low hanging fruit, i.e., the cities and areas that were more open to allowing AT&T build their sites. The cities you mention are notoriously difficult.
There's not a lot of regulation there. It's relatively easy to put up a cell site.
I don't know if this is old news or not. I've had 4G LTE with my mi-fi card in my area south of San Jose, Santa Cruz to be exact, for the better part of six months. I guess it just had not been announced. This press release is for the investors I think. Yes, I've suffered through the recent outages too.
Believe me. If the carriers could blanket the nation, even the world, with cell sites, they would. Typically city and county governments do NOT like cell sites in their right-of-way. Add the tin foil hat crowd and you have the perfect storm of resistance. It can take years before a carrier or tower company gets approval to construct a badly needed site.Another factor in play is that the carriers view the cell site as revenue source. They typically calculate how much...
It's just you. Daniel's chart is intentionally ugly because it highlights how ugly the whole process of Android and Microsoft updates is. Notice how the Apple section is smooth and easy? Just like each iOS update.
Most likely because his comments are too childish to be taken seriously by anybody.