or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

Manufacturing dissent (apologies to John Pilger's original idea of state-manufactured consent)...
 The humongously-sized and multi-functional iPhone 6 Plus is no more "a phone" than the apparel a humongously-busted woman wears is "a brassiere" - she, sir, wears an Over-Shoulder-Boulder-Holder....
Up and running in under 25 minutes on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5, so far so cool... Kudos for the quick come-back Apple. Normal service resumed.
This is the main reason that Google's proposals were rejected, even though they were submitted years ahead of Apple's.For starters, Google wanted every transaction to be trackable by their servers (as an advertising-based business I get that they couldn't resist the massive allure of this feature request and the advertising riches it would bring).But the banks and clearing houses were naturally wary of the immense leverage this would give Google, leverage that coupled with...
I wouldn't trust the old dragon - when you add the symbols for North and South to its name, it becomes an anagram of - SAMSUNG!
"The Mother of all upgrades" kicks into gear 2...
Auspicious start for Siri: one of the first things I set on completion of iOS8 upgrade was Enable Hey Siri, and it instantly recognised, when asked, David Gray's "Babylon" and I'd do Anything (from "Oliver") off the TV speakers. Shazaam!
"Hey Siri, open the pod bay doors..."
Apps, Multi-tasking and use of the camera (among other functions) first started life on the iPhone exclusively reserved for Apple and a select few partners like Google, Yahoo etc. Later, along came 3rd party apps, true multitasking and camera access. Notifications have just been opened up to 3rd parties, and hot off the press is the news that TouchID has also been opened up. Patience, pilgrims, patience is the key...
Apple obviously were well aware of the issues likely to occur once online ordering was open to all after the product announcement. Even Tim Cook himself anticipated "The Mother Of All Upgrades" The problem is, iPhone demand is increasing exponentially rather than uniformly, so Apple's preparations have been shown to be "skating to where the puck is". What a lovely First World problem for a company to have!