or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

Well, Apple has already tried the "Charity begins at home" approach, even bankrolling homeboy GT, and look where it got them. Good business has no time for partisanship, family or/and tribal loyalty; fool me once shame om you. fool me twice...
This is the Holy Grail of mobile technology - a device you can take off a charging cradle on Monday morning and not worry about power till Friday or Saturday night. Untold fortunes await the successful implementers of this objective - it is only a matter of time, and the countdown appears to be under way now, thank goodness...
Why give the cloners and shameless imitators a helping hand by revealing the breakdown of watch sales in their various categories and price points? Cloners are gonna clone anyway, so keep 'em guessing and doing their traditional wasteful, loss-inducing practice of "throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks" and "race to the bottom"...
 I reckon the poster of the Latin question is actually making a clever play on the topic ("Who watches the Watchmen?") as well as asking a valid question as to who monitors the excesses of the FTC and the other industry-watcher analysts who, time and again, have shown a bias in favour of companies that actually are clients of theirs or have powerful lobbyists in the corridors of government and commerce.
That's in a market strategy based on selling targeted advert placements; Apple sells hardware, and all its software services come bundled free...
This is the "Thermonuclear Option" personified - deep, linked, indexed and natural language search without user tracking: monetising Google's very own cash cow, intelligent search while offering privacy as a free, precious extra bonus. One can almost hear the tremors in Mountain View, and eerie echoes of SPJ's words, only inverted: "Make no mistake, they're trying to kill off Google Search!"...
"we're looking at providing gigabytes, terrabytes, pedabytes of capability," The last bandwidth/throughput level sounds illegal and immoral...
Thinly-disguised attempts to manipulate AAPL stock price in the build-up to the Apple Watch launch, that's what all these equine and bovine faecal missiles circling the overhead rotary ventilator are about.
Wow, just wow! Even though I was expecting this (followed the trip live on Instagram), this was a brilliant compilation of photos, videos, facts and history hinting at the vastness of Cathay. Must visit in my lifetime, simply must, and soon...
I strongly suspect that this acquisition will form part of a stronger (i.e. Pro quality) music creation capability for iOS (iPad Air 2 and the rumoured iPad Pro) - will we see Logic for iOS? VST importation capability for high-end iPads would be a sensational addition for music professionals as well as app developers who are already offering high-quality audio workstation and virtual instrument apps on iOS (like Korg, Steinberg, Auria, IK Multimedia, MultiTrack...