or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

This is the main reason that Google's proposals were rejected, even though they were submitted years ahead of Apple's.For starters, Google wanted every transaction to be trackable by their servers (as an advertising-based business I get that they couldn't resist the massive allure of this feature request and the advertising riches it would bring).But the banks and clearing houses were naturally wary of the immense leverage this would give Google, leverage that coupled with...
I wouldn't trust the old dragon - when you add the symbols for North and South to its name, it becomes an anagram of - SAMSUNG!
"The Mother of all upgrades" kicks into gear 2...
Auspicious start for Siri: one of the first things I set on completion of iOS8 upgrade was Enable Hey Siri, and it instantly recognised, when asked, David Gray's "Babylon" and I'd do Anything (from "Oliver") off the TV speakers. Shazaam!
"Hey Siri, open the pod bay doors..."
Apps, Multi-tasking and use of the camera (among other functions) first started life on the iPhone exclusively reserved for Apple and a select few partners like Google, Yahoo etc. Later, along came 3rd party apps, true multitasking and camera access. Notifications have just been opened up to 3rd parties, and hot off the press is the news that TouchID has also been opened up. Patience, pilgrims, patience is the key...
Apple obviously were well aware of the issues likely to occur once online ordering was open to all after the product announcement. Even Tim Cook himself anticipated "The Mother Of All Upgrades" The problem is, iPhone demand is increasing exponentially rather than uniformly, so Apple's preparations have been shown to be "skating to where the puck is". What a lovely First World problem for a company to have!
And when corporations begin to assess iOS8 / OSX Yosemite and test out the potential benefits of Continuity innovations like Handoff, AirDrop & Notifications (working with 3rd party and web apps), the beachhead will have been cleared for MacBooks, iMacs and Mac Pros to invade the Enterprise in the wake of iPad & iPhone - GERONIMO!
Quote:Originally Posted by AppleInsiderApple's iPhone accounted for 58 percent of smartphone shopping traffic while iPads took an overwhelming 86 percent share among tablets, but Yahoo Finance is warning investors that Apple's dominance of shopping is "slowing losing share."Dude, stop measuring shadows and get to the heart of the matter...
Apple's been there, done that gig countless times, and effortlessly, with real-world, shipping products. What's the big deal about anti-social (Glass) vapour-ware (Flying cars)? As for glucose level monitoring etc, I'd wait for Health Book to make its debut in a few weeks' time before crowing any premature triumphalist conclusions not backed up by seamless execution. AirPlay, AirDrop, AirPrint, Siri, iBeacons, Accessibility SDK, FindMyiPhone, 64-Bit Mobile OS and...