or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

"we're looking at providing gigabytes, terrabytes, pedabytes of capability," The last bandwidth/throughput level sounds illegal and immoral...
Thinly-disguised attempts to manipulate AAPL stock price in the build-up to the Apple Watch launch, that's what all these equine and bovine faecal missiles circling the overhead rotary ventilator are about.
Wow, just wow! Even though I was expecting this (followed the trip live on Instagram), this was a brilliant compilation of photos, videos, facts and history hinting at the vastness of Cathay. Must visit in my lifetime, simply must, and soon...
I strongly suspect that this acquisition will form part of a stronger (i.e. Pro quality) music creation capability for iOS (iPad Air 2 and the rumoured iPad Pro) - will we see Logic for iOS? VST importation capability for high-end iPads would be a sensational addition for music professionals as well as app developers who are already offering high-quality audio workstation and virtual instrument apps on iOS (like Korg, Steinberg, Auria, IK Multimedia, MultiTrack...
I've always said that Apple's IP litigation strategy, far from being ill-advised and fruitless, was strategically aimed at an ultimate outcome which is now manifesting itself slowly. Precedents set by successive judgements that were achieved by Apple's cataloguing the clear evidence of progressive copying of its look, feel and design philosophy will, going forward, act as "Legal Trenches" behind which Apple can protect its future iterations of design and innovation...
The actual "bait and switch" was accomplished by the GTA (!) leadership who, having no previous expertise in Sapphire boule production, entered into agreement with Apple with the apparently sole intention of offloading their company shares at a profit, filing for bankruptcy to absolve themselves of any obligation to produce what they couldn't deliver in the first place, and riding off into the sunset with bags of cash, in the process giving the much-respected American...
Julius Caesar and the Roman Empire couldn't conquer the Blue Sky....  
"Copresence" happens to be an anagram of "Creep cones"
 Yes, the Tiger-Economy-Sweatshop argument is more than over-balanced by the dodgy, asset-stripping, self-interest-motivated, philistine First-World-Economy CEO's that sell out hundreds of their local workers jobs at the drop of a hat for personal gain, and in the process give the manufacturing reputation of their home countries a very bad name among the successful movers and shakers in the global industry.
LoL, I rest my case, dude...