or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

The actual "bait and switch" was accomplished by the GTA (!) leadership who, having no previous expertise in Sapphire boule production, entered into agreement with Apple with the apparently sole intention of offloading their company shares at a profit, filing for bankruptcy to absolve themselves of any obligation to produce what they couldn't deliver in the first place, and riding off into the sunset with bags of cash, in the process giving the much-respected American...
Julius Caesar and the Roman Empire couldn't conquer the Blue Sky....  
"Copresence" happens to be an anagram of "Creep cones"
 Yes, the Tiger-Economy-Sweatshop argument is more than over-balanced by the dodgy, asset-stripping, self-interest-motivated, philistine First-World-Economy CEO's that sell out hundreds of their local workers jobs at the drop of a hat for personal gain, and in the process give the manufacturing reputation of their home countries a very bad name among the successful movers and shakers in the global industry.
LoL, I rest my case, dude...
It wouldn't surprise me if, in their desperation to beat off better-performing rivals and win Apple's order, GTAT themselves offered up those incredibly stiff conditions. Always looking to minimise cost and maximise margins, Apple predictably jumped at GTAT's apparent willingness to shoulder financial responsibility for the order. But for my money, the stock trading activities of the top management reveals that very early on, the company was aware of its inability to...
The carriers worldwide are quite wary of this Apple SIM. A few years ago when Apple first floated the concept, the European carriers unanimously threatened to to end their subsidy agreement with Apple, and the fruity one retreated, if only to return after talks with a few participating carriers. For the travelling consumer, it makes for convenience and a way to avoid international roaming charges; it also appears to encourage carriers to forge international partnerships....
Not really, I think they are more likely trying to differentiate their product from all those competitors in the health tracking device market that will be using the HealthKit API, who may well have nothing other than price to create uniqueness, since they use the same API. Then again, they may be positioning themselves to be bought out by a Big Data Apple rival like Google or hardware contender like Samsung. It will stlll come down to their software, hardware and...
Similar experience here, but your transformation was considerably larger than my newt.
Dashboard is still there in Yosemite, and allows you to see many separate widgets in one page, one glance, rather than having to scroll around a small column or section of a page. System Preferences can be tweaked (click on "Mission Control") to set it to OFF, as an overlay (press F12 key to view it and again to dismiss it) or as a separate Mission Control page.