or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

Google Wallet's proposal apparently involved ceding way too much control; their servers would need to track every transaction (what a data-mining boon that would be!); far-sighted merchants and bankes could see Google acquiring in 10 years the kind of tyrannical control that Amazon is wielding today over book publishers. User interaction also is reported to be a bit clunkier and less convenient - the handset may need to be unlocked and the wallet app opened. These latter...
Basely done, basely done...
With 7 million reservations in China as of yesterday (pre-orders and retail shop / carrier sales yet to come), the iOS8 percentage is due for a massive bump in a fortnight's time, so why don't we just hang fire on any conclusion drawing till the waters still and the picture becomes clearer? Then there's another slew of 20-odd countries due for an iPhone 6 launch soon. Some pessimistic folks are just suckers for a fact-smackdown due to their unseemly haste.
 In my earlier  post I'm talking of my personal experience on a 64Gb iPad 3 and 64Gb iPhone 5... Then again, I'm an ex-commercial Pilot, a Telecoms and IT engineer and musician to boot, so I guess I love what I'm doing around my devices and enjoy tuning/optimising them and pre-planning upgrades accordingly. My iPad's chock-Laden with heavy duty apps like iWork, iLife (iMovie, GarageBand, iPhoto), MusicStudio, Auria, NanoStudio, Ampkit, Amplitubes Orange, Hendrix and...
One can only speak for oneself; all those uncorroborated 3rd party anecdotes of my relatives, colleagues and partners count for little scientific fact, especially when jailbreakers or ex-jailbreakers are factored in to the discussion. The upgrade from 7.1.2 to 8.0.0 on my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 took quite a while on account of the early-adopters-hammering-server issues, about 2 hours, but thereafter 8.0.2 was a matter of less than half an hour. 8.0.1 had been pulled by the...
Siri shoud actually tell you (she told me) that she cannot function with bluetooth headphones activated. If you look at your iPhone screen as you are talking to Siri in this configuration, you will notice random words scrolling across the screen, as Siri attempts to discern your speech via Bluetooth, unsuccessfully...
Blimey! That many just to preview the sucker?   Inevitable Samsung reference coming up:   I just can't wait to see what twee, naffy-norah and crassly unhip media riposte the Chaebol mob come up with in their insane compulsion to be "fast-follower" and suck all the air out of the Android eco-system's effort to keep up with Apple.   Y'all know it's coming, as sure as eggs is eggs...
Manufacturing dissent (apologies to John Pilger's original idea of state-manufactured consent)...
 The humongously-sized and multi-functional iPhone 6 Plus is no more "a phone" than the apparel a humongously-busted woman wears is "a brassiere" - she, sir, wears an Over-Shoulder-Boulder-Holder....
Up and running in under 25 minutes on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5, so far so cool... Kudos for the quick come-back Apple. Normal service resumed.