or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

Yeah, hindsight is 20-20 vision.   In reality, knowledge during and after the fact is ordinary.   Knowledge BEFORE the fact is Mastery, is Vision, and is much rarer.   Sadly, the only thing we learn from History is, strangely, that Mankind learns absolutely NOTHING from History...                        
Don't be silly. The only foreign technology Apple has bought since 1988 are Anobit (Israel), eMagic and Astarte (Gernamy), SchemaSoft, Poly9 and Locationary (Canada), Polar Rose (Sweden), and Redmatica (Italy).   No Korean companies there, buddy.
  No cigar. Authentec technology will not be deceived by prints from a "dead" finger, allegedly... 
  Use cases; now let's see...   § Majority use case: a fingertip unlocks iPhone as per usual; faster & no more guessable pass codes.   § Common case use, another fingertip activates the camera while keeping iDevice locked; again, faster and secure access.   § Killer function: yet another authenticates a payment by simultaneously opening a payment app / activating a proximity sensor like bluetooth/NFC with the iDevice close to a pay till.   § Multi-user accounts and...
  A malpractice known in the IP / Patent industry as double-dipping.
Yeah right: outsource their security to yet another backstabbing low-life third party like Google, Adobe, Nuance or Samsung... yeah right...
Mark my words, contrary to (shocked) belief, heads are going to roll at the DoJ when all is said and done. When you point a finger outwards, guess how many fingers point backatcha?
Seconded. However, I greatly prefer the Ultra-Light Helvetica font with the rounded corner buttons. Retain some class with the intuitiveness.                        
Daniel Eran Dilger has been writing about Apple and has been pro-Apple wayyyy before Google appeared above the horizon as a major player. Just go rummage around in RoughlyDrafted.com and go back as far as you can to see the perspective, the big picture he brings to the computing landscape, from an era that predates the current mobile "post-PC" era which is still in its infancy. I'm glad that I did, because it revealed to me where the real "crazy, wrong" beliefs emanate...
Google has proved itself in the last few years not to be shy about abandoning projects in the face of widespread consumer and developer dismay - Orkut, Wave, Reader, iGoogle to come soon - the list appears to be escalating in terms of usage numbers and popularity.   This is one aspect in which Mountain View seems to parallel Steve Jobs philosophy to the letter - deciding when it's time to kill, time to die...   All I know is if I were an Android-only developer, I'd cover...