or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

Siri shoud actually tell you (she told me) that she cannot function with bluetooth headphones activated. If you look at your iPhone screen as you are talking to Siri in this configuration, you will notice random words scrolling across the screen, as Siri attempts to discern your speech via Bluetooth, unsuccessfully...
Blimey! That many just to preview the sucker?   Inevitable Samsung reference coming up:   I just can't wait to see what twee, naffy-norah and crassly unhip media riposte the Chaebol mob come up with in their insane compulsion to be "fast-follower" and suck all the air out of the Android eco-system's effort to keep up with Apple.   Y'all know it's coming, as sure as eggs is eggs...
Manufacturing dissent (apologies to John Pilger's original idea of state-manufactured consent)...
 The humongously-sized and multi-functional iPhone 6 Plus is no more "a phone" than the apparel a humongously-busted woman wears is "a brassiere" - she, sir, wears an Over-Shoulder-Boulder-Holder....
Up and running in under 25 minutes on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5, so far so cool... Kudos for the quick come-back Apple. Normal service resumed.
This is the main reason that Google's proposals were rejected, even though they were submitted years ahead of Apple's.For starters, Google wanted every transaction to be trackable by their servers (as an advertising-based business I get that they couldn't resist the massive allure of this feature request and the advertising riches it would bring).But the banks and clearing houses were naturally wary of the immense leverage this would give Google, leverage that coupled with...
I wouldn't trust the old dragon - when you add the symbols for North and South to its name, it becomes an anagram of - SAMSUNG!
"The Mother of all upgrades" kicks into gear 2...
Auspicious start for Siri: one of the first things I set on completion of iOS8 upgrade was Enable Hey Siri, and it instantly recognised, when asked, David Gray's "Babylon" and I'd do Anything (from "Oliver") off the TV speakers. Shazaam!
"Hey Siri, open the pod bay doors..."