or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

In turn, Japan in particular has since then given back to the world several icons of industrial utility and consumer entertainment - the transistor radio, the Walkman, the Ghetto Blaster, Karaoke, Manga, Robotics, Trinitron to mention a select few, so copying obviously has not been a one-way Euro-America to Asia process after all is said and done.   It's a pity that most of the other Asian industrial powerhouses do not emulate this praiseworthy practice of looking into...
Correct (even though it is strongly believed that they may have deleted all incriminating emails that were non-Outlook in origin)   The only strategy left to Samsung in these circumstances was to "hide them in plain sight". It must have required several days of "burning the Midnight Oil" for Apple's tireless legal eagles to go through the reams of bumph and finally hit paydirt with this gem, this peach of an eye-opener.   High fives all round at 3 a.m. in the morning, I...
Standby in a few weeks for the Samsung "knock-off Nigel" version...
It's to do with Apple retail  support as a customer service being too helpful in this particular case, it seems.   There's a time to deny and a time to be firm - a time for everything under the sun...   You cast pearls before swine and they will trample them underfoot...
Stick to the issues, like DED does; personalities don't tend to contribute anything but (negative) emotion to the discussion and are not helpful. This is key to enjoying blog sites like AI.   By way of comparison, and to explain the point being made here, count the number of uses of the word "I", "you", "my" in all posts by the author and by others responding critically to the article.   A lot of "contributors" here purporting to "portray the facts" and "uncover lies" are...
  That would be ideal, everyone focussing on their core competency and doing it very well, instead of what we have today, software companies like Google and Microsoft lusting after Apple's fat hardware margins and spending billions going nowhere real fast.   Google missed on a great opportunity by being devious and antagonistic - now there's no turning back, however...                            
iTV, followed by iCar, and then, the pièce de Resistance: I, Robot!   I repeat my yearly prediction: the first non-living co-respondent in a divorce proceeding will be an Apple FemBot!!!
There's a similar update version for Windows as well, just downloaded and installed on my Sony laptop, also version 5.1.7.
    Sorry for the long pause...   You are quite correct... a Service has to be created first using Automator (a simple one: create a Service using Automator with a single action to "Launch Application". Set the conditions of this service to receive "no input," and make it available in "all applications").   Name and save the Service and create a shortcut to it on the Keyboard Shortcuts tab of the Keyboard System Preferences panel as usual. 
    Too true and very likely to form a large proportion of the still infected. Another group of ignorant users are some single-purpose users of Macs, particularly music producers. I know of one or two who only ever use their Macs to create demos and even full-fledged music productions for artistes, and in spite of the importance of the Mac to their revenues and income, often lag years behind in security updates. I'm talking about people who will even physically resist...