or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

The MVNO option was widely discussed and speculated about by the whole blogging world and their pet rabbit in the unprecedented rumour mill and wild build-up to the emergence of iPhone v1 in 2007.In the event, with hindsight, the decision to play hard-ball with the carriers turned out to be the right (and massively lucrative) one, with initial objectors like Verizon and Sprint being eventually assimilated into the i-Collective... Resistance was futile :-)
"We will deny your reapplication to the iOS Developer Program for at least a year, considering the nature of your acts," the letter read. Apple's revoking action is one of the ways in which such attackers can be forestalled by making them reapply and reapply again for re-entry to the program, each time paying an entry fee and/or having to assume another bogus identity until it no longer becomes worth their while. By the way, is anybody seeing evidence that Charlie or...
Do you know what percentage the online aggregators used to charge before Apple came on the scene?Around the time of the App Store's birth, for instance, Handango and Pocketgear were the top online stores for app distribution and sales, and were charging small developers around 55% (and amazingly, the large ones like EA around 70%!).Why do you reckon there was such a large exodus to the Apple platform in such a short period of time in the first place?Talk about greed,...
Gloat while you can, barely literate peasants. Keep it up... Who smiles in the end?
Accelerometer and proximity sensor controls could be programmed to enable a squeezing motion on a small mobile device to simulate the well-known "toothpaste tube" action. Steve Ballmer will claim prior art on that one with the Zune, no doubt.
I remember my days as a First Officer in a small jet charter company - I was the one designated to receive all the updates to the Flight and Approach charts by snail mail, update the bulky, heavy leather-bound folders full of hundreds of outdated pages, and chuck the old charts away. What's not to like about that now being done electronically? The Flight charts couldn't give you real-time weather either ;-)
Supported.The way Google politicised WebM against H264 (a technology they subscribe to) after acquiring it suggests that their motives in acquiring any technology are simply for purposes of "ploughing their own furrow" against all others while pretending to stand "for the common good".It's encouraging that the likes of Sony, Microsoft, Apple, RIM and Ericsson are all together in this enterprise (as indeed they are in the H264 consortium) to pool resources and defences...
It's amazing and amusing how many infantile minds in various forums (fora actually) including this one view the patent wrangling and auctions as some kind of football game and come out rooting for one side or the other. The vast sums involved in the litigation and auctioning should be enough to suggest that there is a lot at stake for all involved in the near, mid and long term that could beneficially or adversely affect their fortunes. For instance, there are many...
iOS 5, iCloud and OS X Lion present the opportunity for Apple to address these issues. It's pretty apparent that the two related OS'es are converging ever so gradually and deliberately, and iCloud certainly has the potential to be the glue that binds it all together. If so, what applies to iWork user file automatic version updating (as demoed in WWDC) and the ability to open the same file at the last point of edit in another iDevice should apply to other applications...
Collective IP acquisitions I would think are, except in extenuating circumstances, for defensive purposes. My $0.02...