or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

A balanced and rational analysis of the issue, @ranson. In short, Your Mileage May Vary [YMMV] with regard to latency depending on the location of your DNS provider servers (ISP/OpenDNS/Google DNS) vis-a-vis the nearest Akamai server that streams your rental selection to you. Any of these DNS solutions could work out best for you or the absolute worst. As such, a little tweaking may or may not be required. It's pretty obvious from the anecdotal evidence from the various...
.. and create monstrous supply and distribution problems and holdups. One thing's for sure though; a BOGOF iPhone would see daily activations of close to 1 million plus.
Yep, and like Microsoft they are going to discover the hard way many years down the line that the best way to go about it is not to brainlessly ape the innovation of others (Java, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, FaceBook and Mozilla to name a few) and add a few modifications to claim originality, but to strike out in their own unique direction with their own ideas. Embrace and extend has had its day, and is a spent force in the techno-sphere...
And that would include Sony PlayStation, Nintendo Wii and quite a number of PC models like Dell, I believe. Still interested?
Killed is the word, and it isn't just the massive numbers of downloaders and app users that's causing this - remember that the Skyfire servers have to scale the enterprise of converting the hideous blobs (Binary Large OBjects) of bundled Flash runtime, media, DRM etc into HTML5 before servicing these myriad requests. A double whammy if you ask me. It still remains to be seen how this will convert "on-mouse-over" "hover" and similar flash UI input events into gestures so...
Seconded. Has anyone ever stopped to think exactly what physical commodity in the tangible world a software company actually sells to its customer? Incredible - just a series of areas of high magnetic density (representing a logic "1") and low magnetic density (logic "0") on an inexpensive storage medium (CD/DVD/Digital download). Compare that to your average Industrial Revolution era enterprise - Shipbuilding, the Oil Industry, Steelworks, Mining... and compare the...
You may well turn out to be correct about that. Apple and Verizon are both well-known for having intractable, entrenched views about their business models, and Apple will be content to continue turning the screw while expanding into large CDMA (and GSM) networks overseas. The iPad deal for Verizon is done, so I guess the iPhone is their call....
Probably depends on who you know or who you ask in Germany. Mesut Ozil, or perhaps Sammy Khedira will know more about that :-)
I recall you explaining in an earlier post that your moniker is an amalgam of Alexander and Genghis Khan, and this analysis clearly proves your love of tactics and strategy, the short and long-term planning that goes into successful global campaigns.I agree whole-heartedly with you, but would like to add that the advantage that Bill Gates had with MS-DOS and later with Windows and Office was built standing on the shoulders of the great 800lb gorilla of the day IBM, whom...
Motorola is pre-empting (or trying to pre-empt) Apple's entry into the CDMA spectrum, first with Verizon very soon then T-mobile, cutting the ground off from their recovery with the aid of Android. Apple's new plans with iPad and iPhone are a direct response to Android's rise in the USA, and threaten to derail Google's influence in the mobile sector, and with it the revival hopes of LG, SonyEricsson and Motorola.