or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

And that would include Sony PlayStation, Nintendo Wii and quite a number of PC models like Dell, I believe. Still interested?
Killed is the word, and it isn't just the massive numbers of downloaders and app users that's causing this - remember that the Skyfire servers have to scale the enterprise of converting the hideous blobs (Binary Large OBjects) of bundled Flash runtime, media, DRM etc into HTML5 before servicing these myriad requests. A double whammy if you ask me. It still remains to be seen how this will convert "on-mouse-over" "hover" and similar flash UI input events into gestures so...
Seconded. Has anyone ever stopped to think exactly what physical commodity in the tangible world a software company actually sells to its customer? Incredible - just a series of areas of high magnetic density (representing a logic "1") and low magnetic density (logic "0") on an inexpensive storage medium (CD/DVD/Digital download). Compare that to your average Industrial Revolution era enterprise - Shipbuilding, the Oil Industry, Steelworks, Mining... and compare the...
You may well turn out to be correct about that. Apple and Verizon are both well-known for having intractable, entrenched views about their business models, and Apple will be content to continue turning the screw while expanding into large CDMA (and GSM) networks overseas. The iPad deal for Verizon is done, so I guess the iPhone is their call....
Probably depends on who you know or who you ask in Germany. Mesut Ozil, or perhaps Sammy Khedira will know more about that :-)
I recall you explaining in an earlier post that your moniker is an amalgam of Alexander and Genghis Khan, and this analysis clearly proves your love of tactics and strategy, the short and long-term planning that goes into successful global campaigns.I agree whole-heartedly with you, but would like to add that the advantage that Bill Gates had with MS-DOS and later with Windows and Office was built standing on the shoulders of the great 800lb gorilla of the day IBM, whom...
Motorola is pre-empting (or trying to pre-empt) Apple's entry into the CDMA spectrum, first with Verizon very soon then T-mobile, cutting the ground off from their recovery with the aid of Android. Apple's new plans with iPad and iPhone are a direct response to Android's rise in the USA, and threaten to derail Google's influence in the mobile sector, and with it the revival hopes of LG, SonyEricsson and Motorola.
Sculley was not Jobs' first choice. That distinction goes to Don Estridge, IBM vice president of manufacturing, the man who brought to market the IBM PC, a product that shattered all sales records and won over the marketplace. In 1983, Steve Jobs tried to recruit Don Estridge as president of Apple Computer. Estridge turned Jobs down, and was killed two years later in a commercial plane crash, while flying for IBM. Had he accepted the Apple position, both Estridge and...
Behind all the energetic bluster and hyperactive enthusiasm, Ballmer is actually doing a great and thankless job of steering a massive Jumbo-jet into a graceful, slow glide-down from a 1000-pound behemoth to a more average-sized 500-pound gorilla. When you consider Microsoft's staggering market capitalization of the year 2001 or so, around $540 billion (gadzooks!!), where on Earth would anyone expect the company to go from there? With the massive war-chest available in its...
All is well that ends well... It is Better to light a Candle than to curse the Darkness... In a way, Steve Jobs' ousting "sent him into the wilderness for 40 days and nights" to prepare him for the days which are now upon us, and gave him perspective born of introspection and hindsight that he is putting to prolific use today. If only I could live my life again like Steve has so fortunately been able to; avoid the pitfalls and grasp the use-it-or-lose-it opportunities as...