or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

"Now with iOS 7, I'm getting 3-4 hours of battery life. Awful." Anyone spot the catch in the rye?
How's about "Zune Brown", pretty please? :-)
  That'a storage capacity not RAM, i.e. more space for video, game and song FILES, not application memory space for running larger and more powerful programs...
  Sounds like it's going to be sensational and wildly popular if this is indeed true.   Apple will no doubt choose a subtle, elegant shade of gold (hmmm white gold, anyone?) that will appeal to the feminine (not pimp) side of consumer taste.    Imma stick with my favourite, silver, though...
    In fairness to Larry, he's never cared about Apple, and lambasted them mightily when they forced out his now-departed lifelong pal, whom he put up at his palatial mansion in the wilderness years. He was instrumental in making Steve's mind up about returning to Apple (a no-brainer, though), and shared many trade secrets about Apple and Steve's retail plans (Apple Store back-end systems still run Oracle 360 software AFAIK).   Surely Larry knows, as DED stated, that the...
  Yeah, hindsight is 20-20 vision.   In reality, knowledge during and after the fact is ordinary.   Knowledge BEFORE the fact is Mastery, is Vision, and is much rarer.   Sadly, the only thing we learn from History is, strangely, that Mankind learns absolutely NOTHING from History...                        
Don't be silly. The only foreign technology Apple has bought since 1988 are Anobit (Israel), eMagic and Astarte (Gernamy), SchemaSoft, Poly9 and Locationary (Canada), Polar Rose (Sweden), and Redmatica (Italy).   No Korean companies there, buddy.
  No cigar. Authentec technology will not be deceived by prints from a "dead" finger, allegedly... 
  Use cases; now let's see...   § Majority use case: a fingertip unlocks iPhone as per usual; faster & no more guessable pass codes.   § Common case use, another fingertip activates the camera while keeping iDevice locked; again, faster and secure access.   § Killer function: yet another authenticates a payment by simultaneously opening a payment app / activating a proximity sensor like bluetooth/NFC with the iDevice close to a pay till.   § Multi-user accounts and...
  A malpractice known in the IP / Patent industry as double-dipping.