or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

Yep, and congratulating themselves into the bargain. I just don't know where Google's going or think they're going with this strategy. I can understand young, testosterone-fuelled nerds liking this - hell, there are enough of them on this blog never mind the blogosphere... but multi-billionaire pioneering industrialists with the world at their feet in their core business? And with Microsoft's example before them as a masterclass case to understudy, you'd think that Google...
There are different implementations of what comes under the general grouping of multi-touch, people. Apple's particular implementation of multi-touch with gestures, which it has patented, comes to them by virtue of a company they acquired called FingerWorks.
If you read the article. or have followed similar cases that dragged on for years and years (including, curiously enough, Nokia vs Qualcomm and RIM vs NTP), that's exactly what usually happens - STALEMATE. The parties then settle out-of-court away from our prying eyes. However, in this situation, I suspect that what Nokia is looking for is not money, but to get an injunction in Europe or even USA (like NTP did to RIM in 2006/7) halting the sales of all iPhone products...
This explanation sounds correct - no masses of non tech-savvy consumers affected, and those that will be are knowledgeable enough to mitigate and counteract its effects.At the very least this shows consistency of approach, rather than a caving in to populist resentment or competitive platforms, as some troll-ish twerps are suggesting elsewhere.
The way I see it, with the strategy Google is pursuing, Apple has no choice but to go down the path of acquiring its own Maps, Search and advertising. And that's before I realised, as this article pointed out, how AdMob would provide insights into the App Store's inner workings. It is pertinent to note that Google has been the one to make the first hostile gambit, mainly with Android. To quote Steve Jobs in an interview about Google (on their seeking not to get locked out...
@nvidia2008: LoL
"In version 2.0, touching an icon produces a small glow under the user's finger to let them know which icon they have selected. If a finger touches multiple icons, the software provides a list of icons to make it easier to select an individual one." This will prove to be a much-appreciated improvement that will save users a lot of fruitless screen prodding and poking in search of their desired selection. With more languages, improved search and larger knowledge base,...
This is going to send a frisson of excitement through the iPhone community, particularly the 3G users. I have been a Ustream user from the days before I bought my first iPhone, so I was fully aware of its existence by the time I got mine, and downloaded the Ustream Viewer app in anticipation of more advanced capabilities, which they always promised would be forthcoming. They have been true to their word, and in so doing have beaten front-runners like Qik, Flixwagon,...
Credit the Chinese consumer with enough common sense and knowledge of "the word on the street". There are enough grey market iPhones in China (I hear they number in the low millions) for the average smart phone enthusiast to know that Wi-Fi is included everywhere else but the official channels in their country. After all, every iPhone regardless of destination market is assembled there... It may well be common knowledge also that China has backed down over its insistence...
This signals a great opportunity for the gaming community to get one of their own's "foot in the door" at Cupertino and fight their way up the ranks of opinionatedness to present the case, the tactics and the strategy for gaming to Apple Inc from within "the belly of the whale". In other words, a virtual "human Trojan Horse". Only this time, to not only physically infiltrate their walls, but "by doing in Rome as the Romans do" (i.e. acquiring the Cupertino culture), to...