or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

Nothing new here; like the Music and Movies Industry, they need to be dragged kicking and screaming into the new disposition, and don't expect them to show any gratitude for the reinvention of their market and reincarnation of their fortunes. Living relics, that's what they are...
It would make more sense for Verizon's data-or-voice-only type network for the launching to be about the impending Apple tablet device rather than the iPhone. As many have posted here and elsewhere, it's just not (yet) technically feasible for their launch to be about the iPhone: the Qualcomm chip that would enable a hybrid iPhone to use their network is not available yet, and Verizon's aggressive advertising against AT&T and the iPhone last Summer appear to doubly rule...
Given its larger screen form factor, multitasking capability for the new iPad/iWhatever will open up some very interesting and possibly deal-making features: the possibility of running 2 or more iPhone/iTouch-sized apps simultaneously and allowing the output of one to influence the other(s) - the potential that could open up here is enormous:All your Social Networking apps in view at once - chat, cut and paste with ease, while playing iTunes music in the background... read...
On the other hand, an anonymous winner will provide the icing to the ValleyWag's cake - they will have received the scoop they so desperately seek, and by the rules of their solicitation, they would be under no obligation to pay the anonymous winner a penny. Win-win for unethical shyster journalism...
I've got this really weird issue where Bing simply crashes when I try a voice search. Tried several times on my 3G and my 3G S, same outcome. Tried rebooting them, but makes no difference. What am I doing wrong, or is anyone else getting this glitch too?
You're not missing anything so far. Embarrassingly, Bing listens for a few seconds then crashes when you try a voice search. Tried it repeatedly on both of my iPhones (3G and 3G S), no joy...
This is the most likely explanation of Google's intentions, and previous acts (the G1 handout last Xmas) bear this out. If so, it comes as a relief to those of us fearing the worst - that Google had taken leave of their sane and calculated strategy of playing to their strengths and core competencies to plunge head-first into hardware, branding, retailing and the rest of that massive "bag of hurt" required to pull this off. As things appear(ed), in addition to the...
An innocuous development in the UK leads me to wonder what form or forms the "chainsaw" will take when it fires up and starts its "Texas Massacre" - a shopping mall chain, Tesco, has started to offer the iPhone on various cost-competitive plans as a MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) which buys its "air-time" off the various networks and sells it on. Now, when the rumours of the imminent arrival of the iPhone started to gather strength, a lot of tech pundits were...
Yep, and congratulating themselves into the bargain. I just don't know where Google's going or think they're going with this strategy. I can understand young, testosterone-fuelled nerds liking this - hell, there are enough of them on this blog never mind the blogosphere... but multi-billionaire pioneering industrialists with the world at their feet in their core business? And with Microsoft's example before them as a masterclass case to understudy, you'd think that Google...
There are different implementations of what comes under the general grouping of multi-touch, people. Apple's particular implementation of multi-touch with gestures, which it has patented, comes to them by virtue of a company they acquired called FingerWorks.