or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

Mark my words, contrary to (shocked) belief, heads are going to roll at the DoJ when all is said and done. When you point a finger outwards, guess how many fingers point backatcha?
Seconded. However, I greatly prefer the Ultra-Light Helvetica font with the rounded corner buttons. Retain some class with the intuitiveness.                        
Daniel Eran Dilger has been writing about Apple and has been pro-Apple wayyyy before Google appeared above the horizon as a major player. Just go rummage around in RoughlyDrafted.com and go back as far as you can to see the perspective, the big picture he brings to the computing landscape, from an era that predates the current mobile "post-PC" era which is still in its infancy. I'm glad that I did, because it revealed to me where the real "crazy, wrong" beliefs emanate...
Google has proved itself in the last few years not to be shy about abandoning projects in the face of widespread consumer and developer dismay - Orkut, Wave, Reader, iGoogle to come soon - the list appears to be escalating in terms of usage numbers and popularity.   This is one aspect in which Mountain View seems to parallel Steve Jobs philosophy to the letter - deciding when it's time to kill, time to die...   All I know is if I were an Android-only developer, I'd cover...
Quote: Originally Posted by AppleInsider  The new setup method also appears to explain why Apple hasn't bought into NFC, the technology Google introduced for Android 2.3  What about "appears to explain" do you fail to appreciate here? The implication is clear: advances in low-power Bluetooth technology MAY obsolete NFC in handsets depending on how things develop. Reasoned speculation. The two technologies' functions could overlap sufficiently to be regarded as duplication...
Quote:Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Postjudging by his statement has severe communication difficulties (ESL?) to boot.That's the simple view, his incredibly bad grammar and sentence construction, but when you put that together with the questionable ethics of his revealing several full names un-blurred (including women) in that self-promoting video, the smugness of his pose in the picture, his making off with thousands of identities and the logic flaws in his...
  Can't refute the facts in these assertions, but it must be said that was quite a feat to pull off successfully in the face of the apathy and Inertia of the big developers like Adobe, Quark and Microsoft, who were initially reluctant to dedicate resources to the OS change.   Quote: Originally Posted by rcfa  Not quite true...Microsoft bought a CP/M clone called QDOS (which stood for Quick'n Dirty OS) which some hacker had written to avoid having to buy CP/M. That's what...
  I most certainly did not post that statement; I called it sarcasm (as part of a multi-quote), as that's the only context in which that naive comment could ring true.   Google and the greater good are an oxymoron, an absolute contradiction in terms, just like "Military Intelligence" (tip of the hat to the peerless Marx Brothers for that last timeless quip!)
Quote: Quote: Originally Posted by MacTel  I don't know if Google has been all about profit. Maybe they just want to elevate the level of technology out in the world. In other words - be good. Google Glass is a good example of that.   Originally Posted by airmanchairman    I read Mac Tel's post as subtle sarcasm, even though the /S hasn't been deployed. Also, "successful" is valid, "winning" maybe not, but clearly he did not use the latter word and thus he is...