or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

AirDrop accomplishes similar via Wi-Fi, and this is an extension of that functionality via proximity technologies like Bluetooth, NFC etc.   There may also be patent obstacles in the way of the method as you have suggested, hence this may well be a workaround.   Having an absolute address for a file should also obviate the need for parent or child folders; an "intelligent clipboard" could store copies as necessary, so that things work without returning to outdated...
Yawn. Who cares? My GMail account is of secondary utility value at best, serving mainly as an account to validate favourite blogs and sites and similar functions. Nothing in my affairs that is commercial, financial or logistical is directed there, no fear... I tried enabling push on the standalone GMail app years ago, but wasn't happy with the extra notification badges cluttering my screen and disabled it. My several legacy iOS devices still have push support for the...
If recent reports of a new State policy towards foreign firms are true, then this will not be the last. Death By A Thousand Cuts... Post at 8.20
Just goes to show that in Technology, as in politics, there are no permanent friends (Forstall) or permanent enemies (Lynch). My long-term money's on a triumphant return of Scott from the Antarctic...
It's becoming globally fashionable to bas Apple...
Quote: In showing off the new Galaxy S 4, Samsung didn't draw attention to Google's search, mapping or translations services, nor even its ability to download Google Play content. It didn't feature Android apps.  Applying reason and logic, it's appropriate to say that "Where there's smoke, there's fire".   And for me, the tell-tale black billowing cloud was the downplaying of evidently superior software like Google Now in favour of S-Voice and other lesser Samsung...
Well, just subtract Reading and Basingstoke in Hampshire, Bristol in Avon, Leeds in Yorkshire, Newport in Gwent, and London, all in the UK, from the "rest of the world".   Places where I've personally tested Apple Maps and it's done the job, switched over to Transit apps for public transport (Reading), given accurate turn-by-turn directions in the dead of night (Bristol), found and directed a walk to a train station (Bristol) and a hotel  (Newport) as well as a cash till...
Quite plausible, and frankly quite excitingly so, this rumour.   The perfect opportunity all round: for Apple, a high-volume, high build-quality chip heavyweight eminently capable of replacing Samsung for the fabrication of their in-house CPU and graphics chip designs. For Intel: at last a seat at the biggest game in town, and a chance to go head-to-head with mobile heavy hitters like Qualcomm, Samsung, Nvidia, Texas Instruments and Huawei.   This may be the...
  I've just started to appreciate its use though I didn't get it at first. I think I'll go back to using it.   Although I use Reading List via Safari even on my non-Apple devices, I still use Evernote as a backup.   I also downloaded Penultimate for my iPad, and use the Dolphin browser; they both integrate tightly with Evernote.
For one so knowledgeable about Apple Inc and the USA, from your numerous contributions here, you appear to be blissfully naive about Samsung's local and global "dealings" or, like me, you come from a nation-state where such unseemly conduct is par for the course.Disappointing.