or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

Cool story, 'bro. And I mean it on several levels.   § Kid Thief got what was coming to him - I wish the same on all unapologetic, ambitious, wilful, shameless copiers in all walks of human creativity.   § Don’t musicians play other musicians’ songs? - Yes they do, and sometimes theirs become the definitive version: I Will Always Love You is a Dolly Parton original (I bet many people reading this will not know that fact) and Joe Cocker absolutely killed With a Little...
    Ideas like having the Control Centre as a quickly accessible overlay have been implemented in many ways and many places, and probably started life in the Jail-breaking Developer Community; Android was probably the first mobile OS to add it to their default system - big deal, it was being used well before that by jail-breakers on many platforms, including JavaME, Symbian, WinCE and yes, iOS (albeit illegally).   Similarly the concept of multitasking using cards had...
Sales are "smooth" again...
  Hey, when I read this comment of yours I had an "Edison Light Bulb"/Charlie Chaplin moment that would utterly enrage Sir Jon Ives - yes indeed, why can't Mail have an envelope with a stamp on it (serrated edges with embossed border & all, LoL) enclosing a number?   Skeuomorphism or Death, I say, I say :-)                                        
Quote: Originally Posted by AppleInsider  One of the most significant changes in iOS 7 is the iPhone's native Weather application, which has been redesigned with moving three-dimensional graphics that illustrate the current conditions.   One of the most significant changes (:-) between the AI article as it was written and the way you quoted it , Pooch, is the fact that you left to the word "aesthetic" before "changes".   Did you do this deliberately in order to enhance...
Quote: Originally Posted by RichL  It's a great app. It's just a shame that the icon on the homescreen doesn't change too.   It's hilarious how we fall for the same delightful Cupertino misdirection of "under-promise, over-deliver" every time without fail!   We've had 6 years from the first iOS (and possibly earlier with the iPod) to analyse how features are introduced and iterated from beta to major version and on to the next beta and so forth, and a lot of us posters...
Weird... so what do you do, point your flashlight at your closed eyelids and get a glow? Whatever...   However, I already use Siri to operate my iPhone 5 / iOS6 flashlight by saying just one word: "Light!"   Light is the name of my favourite flashlight app, and Siri already knows to activate apps by name in iOS 6.
    I prefer to read the notes attached to the upgrades before upgrading. That way I learn about and test new functionality as it is made available. Mostly I upgrade anyway, but sometimes there are issues that one picks up via the blogosphere and Internets, even from the developers of the app(s) themselves, warning about a problems with a particular version and advising to hold back till a new upgrade becomes available, saving both time and hassle.   Also I'd like to...
A masterclass of the literary and journalistic use of "damnation with faint praise" while at the same time exposing the double standard of tech criticism when issues concern Apple. DED you have surpassed yourself.
  I initially had problems with my Mac's Safari browser accessing my Bank sites via https, so I installed Chrome and used that for a while.   However with regular testing I found out that these problems have largely disappeared as Safari iterated; better still my bank now has very comprehensive mobile apps that allow almost instantaneous and secure access to any functions.