or Connect

Posts by airmanchairman

Quite plausible, and frankly quite excitingly so, this rumour.   The perfect opportunity all round: for Apple, a high-volume, high build-quality chip heavyweight eminently capable of replacing Samsung for the fabrication of their in-house CPU and graphics chip designs. For Intel: at last a seat at the biggest game in town, and a chance to go head-to-head with mobile heavy hitters like Qualcomm, Samsung, Nvidia, Texas Instruments and Huawei.   This may be the...
  I've just started to appreciate its use though I didn't get it at first. I think I'll go back to using it.   Although I use Reading List via Safari even on my non-Apple devices, I still use Evernote as a backup.   I also downloaded Penultimate for my iPad, and use the Dolphin browser; they both integrate tightly with Evernote.
For one so knowledgeable about Apple Inc and the USA, from your numerous contributions here, you appear to be blissfully naive about Samsung's local and global "dealings" or, like me, you come from a nation-state where such unseemly conduct is par for the course.Disappointing.
  What most objectors find unwholesome is not legality or otherwise, but the short length of time between the events they have connected: just 4 months between coming out of retirement to hand down a judgement, then returning to retirement and representing a beneficiary of said judgement.   It just smacks of a lack of decorum, especially when added to the sense of bizarre perversity of the original judge's ruling in favour of the ex-appellate judge's new "employers".
Read the attached document, which is genuine; it lists the said gentleman as "representing Samsung|".   However indirectly, the title statement rings true, and the entire arrangement has a slightly inappropriate and unwholesome whiff to it.
    "You cannot hope to bribe or twist (thank God!) the British jurist. But, seeing what the man will do unbribed, there's no occasion to!"   Humbert Wolfe, (1885 - 1940) with a little revision (the original read "British journalist")                                
You're right, you know.   I'll rephrase that as "Skeuomorphism is approaching the end of tis first phase, where it has been particularly full-on and garish (e.g. Game Centre)"   Skeuomorphism makes sense in many UI situations, and helps make real-world sense to humans using non-human (i.e. mechanical) devices while performing real-world tasks. In short it is a humanising feature.   Now a subtle sense of aesthetics is creeping into it and toning it down tastefully, not...
  A search in Twitter for the (apparently now-disused) @iPhoneDevSDK account (from Daring Fireball's redirect - https://twitter.com/iPhoneDevSDK) reveals conversations other concerned users had with the account holder several months ago (scroll down the tweets to November 15) about Google blacklisting the site as a source of malware.   In the 2 or 3 conversations I read the admin appeared quite complacently relaxed in responding ("Yup, we're aware") - to the situation and...
It's quite significant that a combination of a new handset model and strategic pricing of the previous models achieves the double effect (or could it be trifecta?) of closing out the top end of the Market Share statistic in favour of FruitsRUs :-) This suggests that the scenario that is actually playing out in the smartphone market, slowly but surely, is that of the iPod story in the PMP world, and not that of the desktop PC as many "analysts" seem to prefer (or is it...
When this comes along, oh my freaking goodness, it's gonna get blinged to bits, so much so that a "bling subsystem" economy's gonna result...