or Connect

Posts by reg

We had the same problem. Just needed to have the power cable connected and plugged in to have it work properly. I seem to remember in some earlier systems you did not have to have the power connected.
Feynman, I don't think the upgrade disk will work for you if you are getting a disk from anyone except Apple. Apple will install the system on it. They don't install any of the other programs ie- iLife, iWork etc. If you are getting the HD from Seagate or Western Digital or who ever it will be a blank disk and the upgrade disk will not do you any good. It has to see an earlier OS for it to work. Hope you have a Time Machine backup.
I don't use Constant Contact but here is your solution. Address Book Exporter This is from Constant contacts support blog for macs. http://supportconstantcontact.blogsp...mac-users.html
There is not harm in keeping the Lexmark folder. Since that file was causing your problem I would delete it. The system is smart enough to know where to find the file if it needs it.
Sorry about that it is in Library Macintosh HD\\Library\\Printers\\Lexmark\\Drivers\\LexmarkCU PSDriver
I stand corrected ; ] Still most apps are small compared to albums, movies or even books.
My dad bought the iPad when it first came out. He is 86 and reads lots of books on it. He takes classes and travels with it. It is near perfect for those in his age range. He has a PC and only connects them when there is a system update. I can see your point about the set up but until the iPad has evolved a bit more it is a good thing that it is limited. Once an electronic piece of equipment gets close to having its hard disk filled problem start to happen frequently....
I would delete the file. If you haven't changed the name of our hard drive then you will find the file at Macintosh HD\\Printers\\Lexmark\\Drivers\\LexmarkCUPSDriver Just drag that file to the trash and empty the trash. If you are using a Lexmark printer the system will look for the driver. When it doesn't find it it will look to the web to get the correct file. No problems.
On an Apple Airport Extreme use your airport utility to get into setup. Select Manual setup - Click on the Wireless button and select Closed network. This will disable broadcasting your networks name. From Apple: Creating a Closed Network The closed network option provides additional security by hiding the name of the network created by the AirPort Extreme Base Station. Users must enter the exact network name to join the AirPort network. To create a closed network,...
Depending on where you are physically located I would have SSID broadcasting disabled. Where I live it would take a repeater to get a signal off my property. I have a niece that lives in a town house and we can see 10 different networks from her living room. We have her SSID disabled and have MAC address control set up. Once a computer has been given access once it will have access from then on. We did this so people could not use up their bandwidth. If you have a good...