or Connect

Posts by wigby

This study and story are completely contingent on the market or area where 3000 people where surveyed. Some areas do not have Apple Pay at all even though their stores advertise it. Some areas Apple Pay is everywhere but you would never know unless you try. The first time I ever tried it, I tried it at a Petco which is has been an Apple Pay partner from day 1. The same charge ran through 3 times but wasn't processed. The finally told me that the hardware at the store was...
You're now arguing against wikipedia, not me. Have fun with that.
You should try reading it sometime. I have from cover to cover. It gives you license to judge and condemn without knowing anything. How freeing!
They are quoting the bible so that gives them the right to judge anyone and make silly statements that mean nothing to real living people.
Your reading comprehension is as bad as your replies. You're the one whining about not being able to look at maps while you run. Who does that? I'm telling you (and so is everyone else in this forum) that you don't need GPS or pedometer or anything to measure distance and pace. it's all built into the Apple Watch, you know , the thing that Apple has been working no for years and also the thing you have never used, touched (or apparently even thought that much about before...
Yes, I'm speaking from my perspective. That's what we do here. Would you prefer I pretend to be someone else? That being said, I am a runner so I know better. The only reason to check your iPhone while you're running is if you get lost. An Apple Watch will do everything else a runner needs. I'll try explaining again. You don't need GPS at all to know how far and how fast someone runs. Any simple pedometer will tell you steps. Now add your stride distance and time it. Now...
 What values? Don't run with your phone and you will be fine. That's it. The phone GPS doesn't provide any useful metrics that the Watch cannot provide unless you like to look at your phone to see street routes while you run. That doesn't sound like the light traveling runner you describe. So we agree that sapphire screens scratch less than glass but glass is more durable overall. So Sport Watch should have glass. If you don't want scratches, get the Steel or Edition...
Visit the IPX7 wiki page for detailed testing on showers, water jet streams and much more.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code Apple Watch gets distance and pace from it's accelerometers. Once it knows your stride distance (which it gets when you input your height) and also learns from your iPhone's GPS, you have every metric you need except for street names and a picture of your route. Since it's a timepiece at heart, it knows your pace and can give you run speed at the...
Fair enough if it doesn't fit in your budget but GPS only gives you street names and running routes. And that's if you don't carry an iPhone with you. I hardly call that a deal breaker. Not sure what you mean about glass face. It's Ion-X so it's basically Gorilla Glass but isn't that the face of all smart watches these days other than sapphire or plastic? Not sure what more you're looking for in a watch face with a touchscreen. Sensitivity to water is also debatable. We...
I don't think prototypes work that way. Apple definitely had sensors on wrists 3 years ago. The prototypes probably looked nothing like Apple Watch as we know it but the data is the same. Over the next 2 years they revise the size and shape and features of the watches but the sensors don't really change because we've had tiny heart rate and accelerometers for years and years. Data is data.