or Connect

Posts by Slurpy

Uh, chill the hell out. I'm sure he was implying "consumer" platform, ie. a platform a normal person would conceivably use. You know, compared to Android/Windows phone devices? If you disagree with his statement, then please, enlighten us as to more secure platforms, instead of mocking him. The point is, if you care about security/privacy, choosing an iPhone as a smartphone is probably a better bet than anything else. 
Just read it awesome. There's also a bunch of subpages. This one is great, as it clearly educates people on what they should be doing to protect themselves, which is the real problem: http://www.apple.com/privacy/manage-your-privacy/   Amazing how Apple has the time and motivation to publish all this stuff now with all the other updates they're pushing out. Truly a company that can walk and chew gum at the same time, so to speak. The sheer intensity of their execution is...
Can someone link to the actual letter? I dont see it.
 Yup. All of the author's asides and specious assumptions/conclusions sounded like bullshit, as well as his attempts to "fill in the gaps".  Oh, and I loved this line: "Apple doesn’t have a stellar track record when it comes to making easy-to-use services." Apple? Easy to use? Yeah, horrible track record there. Just horrible. 
 Your sense of entitlement is off the charts. Apple's servers today are being hammered from every single direction, by millions of users downloading iOS8 and a million other updates. God forbid there are some minor, temporary connection problems for some services during that time. As good as Apple is, they're not made of fucking fairy dust. Apple products have never "just worked" all the time, every time, in the entire history of Apple. Nor has anything else man-made in...
 Your 3GS? Are you for real? Let me guess, you have the 1st gen iPad and also expect it to run iOS8, right?
 You're absolutely right. S versions bring no real changes, and are only for "die-hards". For example, the iPhone 5S didn't add Touch ID, the most significant iPhone hardware feature in years (if not ever). It didn't add a significantly more powerful, first of it's kind 64bit chip. It didn't add a whole new motion co-processor. It didn't significantly improve the camera, adding stuff like slow motion video that only the A7 could handle.  It didn't add a duo-tone flash, the...
Just tried the touchpal keyboard on my iPad. It's trash.
iOS8 needs 6.9GB to install on my iPad Air.. WTF?? I have 600 MB free. 
 Holy shit, I just noticed I'm in your sig. Can't say I expected that to ever happen..now I have to question everything I ever knew to be true :P