or Connect

Posts by Slurpy

Complete bullshit. Yeah, Apple has spent billions building out massive data centers, have even larger ones being planned, have developed their own CDN, yet they've forgotten how to "pay technical taxes". Yes, Apple is focused on products, but they have a history of bringing technologies in-house, and have not stopped doing that. If anything, they've increased it. Custom developed ARM chips, their own CDN, their own maps, etc. There's also this myth that Google are Gods of...
 There's absolutely nothing wrong or surprising about what you described. Photo Streams is an OS FEATURE. It is baked in to the photos app. So how the hell would you possibly expect it to work on ancient devices (with a 4 generation old OS, no less) that do not even have that software feature? You speak as if browser based is ideal in all situations. It isn't. Looking up photos in a browser is a pretty shitty experience on a mobile device, compared to have "live albums"...
 I kind of agree. I don't respect or sympathize with people who spend $700 or whatever on an iPhone, use it for dozens or hundreds of tasks every single day, is the most important single device they own, and yet can't be fucking bothered to spend a few minutes to understand the most basic and fundamental options. I'm the Apple "go-to" guy for everyone I know, and I get constant calls, emails, Qs about the most basic stuff, from people who have basically never even bothered...
 You think Apple couldn't produce a damn TV if they wanted to? It's not that they "couldn't", it's cause they chose not to, probably because Apple believes a product only deserves to exist if they can differentiate it significantly from everything out there, and how it fits in the rest of their ecosystem. Every industry has its own  specific dynamics.  The rest of your comments bashing Apple maps, etc is equally as idiotic. "Ask anybody that uses a smartphone for...
 Apple is an insanely efficient company, and just like all their other products, if they ever DO produce a car, you can be damned sure they'll get sufficient margins by using the same such efficiency in the entire production process. 
 This line has to be a fucking joke. Apple has attained all of its success by entering industries it knows nothing about and turning them upside down.  But yeah, ok. You make it sound as if Tim Cook will build a car by itself. Clearly Apple will learn about the industry, by hiring the best experts in the field and doing millions of hrs of research and testing. It's not like the secrets of the car industry are hidden in some magic scroll somewhere. You sound just like all...
 Why the hell would that happen? Or do you think Apple is planning to give cars away for free, subsidized by ads? 
 Why not?  Oh wait, nevermind, clearly your thought process stopped at the word "Obama". I'm pretty damn sure Cook researched, and thought about this slightly longer than the 0.5 seconds that you did. But thanks for your incredibly insightful post- as always. 
 To you, every fucking product Apple releases is their "Titanic". Or at least, you fantasize that it will be. 
This may very well be the "we're working on stuff that hasn't even been rumored about yet" thing that Cook mentioned a while back.    Pretty fucking exciting. I used to believe that it would be complete absurd for Apple to get into the car industry, but my views have changed. I see them as more capable, open-minded, and versatile now than they've ever been. Not to mention they have the brand name, commitment, skill, motivation, and least of all, the cash. They can...