or Connect

Posts by Slurpy

Thats my point. The apology was the best PR move in his opinion, it does not mean that the criticism that led to it was honest, balanced, objective, or justified. It was utterly out of control, and media was exploiting the "disastrous" maps to to push their "see, Apple is doomed without Steve Jobs" narrative as much as humanly possible. Yes, the situation was a disaster because of people's dishonesty, not because the product itself was a disaster. The Letter is...
 Love how AppleInsider keeps peddling this ridiculous, tired lie. The product wans't disastrous- it was the media's reaction to it, who were desperate to hang Apple by any thread that they could find, helped by all the anti-Apple shills- and sites like yours truly, who just went along with it. The cover photo for Apple "disastrous" maps was a broken 3D view for a location that was identical in Google maps and STILL hasn't been fixed in Google maps years later. Just think...
 Because that would be a fucking stupid thing for Apple to do. It's one thing to "bust down the door" in order to get back the entire product (ie. iPhone 4). It's quite another to do it for a part leak, as there will probably be an avalanche of these soon. In the end, who cares? Its a tiny minority of the population that follows this shit. It will have no effect on the next iPhone's success. There's nothing Apple can do about these kinds of part leaks when product is so...
 So all your photos, apps, data, text messages is scattered between 2 phones? Because you choose the most expensive, senseless, and least logical option for extending battery life? Yes, Apple "doesn't have a clue" what people want. It's how they accidentally tripped into this position of ridiculous success. If people gave a shit about removable batteries the iPhone would have been DOA, not selling 50,000,000+ every quarter and replicated by everyone in the industry. For...
 In that case, I would agree with you. Specificity helps. I definitely disagree with the guidelines set on women in Saudi, as well as the restrictions. It is a unique code that is found nowhere else in any other predominantly Muslim country, and has nothing to do with Islam. I won't defend it. However, the country IS making slow progress in this regard and I expect things to improve further. My issue with most of the posts in this thread is that Apple's decision to sell...
 How cute.   Complete Bullshit. There was a ton of European/Western women last time I was in Saudi. As long as they follow some basic dress code etiquette, in accordance to the society they're in (ie, throw a loose shawl over their head and dont show a ton of skin) then there's nothing wrong. Not welcome by whom? The Saudi people? The Saudi gvt? What a clueless comment based on ignorant and xenophobia.  So Apple shouldn't sell its products to anyone living in Saudi Arabia...
Samsung's strategy seems to have served the company well in the short term, but in the long term they've shot themselves in the foot- or the face. The thing is, with a company like Samsung, they can get caught up in their own hype, and own success, and lose a sense of reality, which is that consumers can get over-exposed to a brand, and its products. In the past couple years Samsung has been spamming marketing like crazy, as well as spamming phones. In the past 5 months...
 Your post is useless and irrelevant. The point is that the VAST majority of PC sales are of the cheap kind, it doesnt matter that more expensive PCs exist. This means that the biggest factor in people choosing PCs over Macs has always been cost- and thats why Macs utterly dominate the $1000+ segment. If PCs were just as good at that price, that wouldnt happen. People aren't CHOOSING Windows PCs over Macs, its simply a matter of cost. Same can be said for Android phones,...
 No, what you're describing is infinite battery life, something that doesnt exist. Any modern smartphone needs to be plugged in eventually with heavy use. iPhones are not known for having crappy battery life. They dont have the longest battery life in the industry, because of the compact size, but it's definitely not terrible, and actually above average. This ad is really, really reaching to bash the iPhone in this aspect. 
 And your anecdotal story has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of iPhones inside starbucks compared to Galaxy phones, right? It must be because Galaxy phones have a magical battery, right? All I see in starbucks is macbooks and iPhones/iPads. So yes, common sense would dictate that these are the devices that will be plugged in.