or Connect

Posts by Slurpy

No, what you're describing is infinite battery life, something that doesnt exist. Any modern smartphone needs to be plugged in eventually with heavy use. iPhones are not known for having crappy battery life. They dont have the longest battery life in the industry, because of the compact size, but it's definitely not terrible, and actually above average. This ad is really, really reaching to bash the iPhone in this aspect. 
 And your anecdotal story has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of iPhones inside starbucks compared to Galaxy phones, right? It must be because Galaxy phones have a magical battery, right? All I see in starbucks is macbooks and iPhones/iPads. So yes, common sense would dictate that these are the devices that will be plugged in. 
Can they make that narrators any less condescending and obnoxious? Wow. If I had to choose, that's the worst aspect of all their ads. And removal batteries? Really? I don't know a SINGLE person that carries around an extra phone battery, but Samsung is still beating this dead horse as if its 2007. Noone really gives a shit apart from a tiny, statistically insignificant portion of the population. There's also a TON of power solution for iPhones (cases, external power packs,...
 So what do you want, exactly? For Apple to make a 4" phone for the end of time? Yes, they truly believed that was the best size at the time, and their point about one-handed use still stands. I have both a Nexus 5 and iPhone 5, and the iPhone IS much more comfortable to hold. However, things change, people's expectations change, software complexity changes, the landscape changes, and Apple holds the right to adjust their previous beliefs based on these changing...
 Dont forget the $30 shipping.. so more like $100. The bitching here is mind-numbing. 
 Talk about the need to whine and sensationalize. "Inexcusable"? Really? Do you even know what that word means? First of all, not everyone needs a damn security lock, a ton of people probably have their Mac Pro at home- so why include it as part of the core design? I haven't heard a blip about this issue till I read this article, so obviously it wasnt some massive complaint by a ton of people- just vocal whiners like you. I never saw a complaint about it in ANY of the...
 Have you ever had a good idea, or a sensical post? The answer is no. Not a single one of your posts has ever contained a shred of insight.  Apple maps will never get street view, nor should it. Its such an invasion of priacy, not to mention being ridiculously inefficient, and needing ludicrous amount of time and manpower to map. You really want Apple cars driving down every fucking street mapping it? So in a few years they can stitch together some images that will get...
Wow, looks like Apple has been doing a shitload of work on all their backend services lately, which is great. With all the people demanding shiny shit, Apple understands that software is still the most important thing, as shown by WWDC and all the work they've been doing on the fundamentals of creating software (swift, metal, new APIS, etc)
What a shitty, sensational article lacking in any kind of context or perspective, and making grand assumptions based on near meaningless data. Apple's recent ads have been brilliant. For those in this thread boldly proclaiming how "profoundly stupid" this move is, and how its known that companies cant do their own advertising, you're forgetting the fact that Apple is not your typical company, and have tourinely succeeded when the established thinking proclaimed they...
Apple maps have made massive strides, and will continue to get better. What people don't understand is just how serious Apple is about mapping- mock the initial launch all you want, but Apple is highly motivated, and it seems like the system is now in place for exponential improvements. I predict they will release a web-accessible version soon, and also added public transit. Moving maps inhouse is one of the best and important moves Apple has made, if Google was still in...