or Connect

Posts by Slurpy

I saw an LG OLED 65" TV today in Best Buy, and it blew my fucking mind. I literally was standing in front of it for 10 min slack jawed. Never seen anything like it. Looked pixelated as **** next to a 4K TV, but the colors, saturation, and black levels were insane. I didn't think anything could really impress me anymore when it comes to screen quality, but boy was I wrong. Made every other LED TV look like garbage in comparison- and the price was not astronomical ($2899 for...
Finally, this is shaping up to the way it should be. Love the option of optimized thumbnails on devices, that only download in full resolution when you access the photo. Makes a ton of sense. I've enabled it on all my iDevices. An infinite repository stored online automatically is what I've always wanted, I get what they were going for with photostream, but it was a bit confusing and never gave me the piece of mind I craved, or the flexibility in accessing photos. This...
 You're right, Apple is adding millions of users a month, yet they should launch a CDN that supports exactly the bandwidth they need at this very moment, ignoring continued future growth- right? Brilliant plan. The only possible explanation is because Apple is planning 4K video support. No other reason could exist.  
These games almost all run on A5 level hardware. Would be great if we saw some A8/A8X exclusive games, they would look stunning.    Also, although the games mentioned in this article all look pretty good, I found none of them particularly great games. Probably Asphalt is the best one, and it's been out for many many months. 
 What the **** is more intuitive than "get"? It's most intuitive damn word that exists. All I hear people saying is "I want to get that app" and "did you get that app"? It's part of language now. Also, screen real-estate in the appstore is EXTREMELY valuable, which is why a 3 letter word would get preference over an 8 letter world like "download" which clutters things needlessly, and take space away from the app name, etc.  What a stupid fucking rant. "Poorly planned"?...
 Uh, no it isn't. Safari demolishes it in speed, in every way. 
 Then Ben Thompson is an idiot. Anyone with any long term insight would be able to ascertain that an SDK is critical for long term health, adoption, support, and success. But clearly he wasn't thinking as big as Apple. 
 You're most probably right. I'm just paranoid I guess. 
 Bullshit. Microsoft (and others) have a ton of licensing agreements with Apple, so I don't buy your "don't ask for reasonable fees" BS. It's just that some (ie. samsung, chinese cos.) would rather just blatantly infringe and not pay any fees. 
 Yeah, because there's a mountain of examples of Apple suing others over patents that are not implemented in any of their shipping product, right? Please, enlighten us on examples of Apple acting as a patent-troll in this regard. I'm waiting.