or Connect

Posts by Slurpy

What the **** is Google's obsession with cameras and surveillance? First the insanely creepy Google Glass, and now this? Who the **** in their right mind would want their home surveillance systems owned by an ADVERTISING company? I love how they set up Nest as a cover for acquisition, cause they knew "Google buys dropcam" would sound that much more creepy. 
 The fact that a watch form-factor is:1. Hands-free2. A glance away3. Always with you Is extremely powerful, and the application possibilities are endless for anyone with a bit of imagination. 
Am I the only one that thinks that if Apple does indeed have an iWatch in production, they should move it to Q1-Q2 2015 instead of this fall? Seems like this fall is going to be extremely packed with new iPhones, iPads, iOS8, 10.10, new Macs (Macbooks/Apple TV/Mac mii), etc etc along with the usual rush of Christmas. Seems the iWatch would pack a much bigger punch if they had a special event early next year. Do they really want it competing for attention with all the other...
 Well said. The "I'm a developer" line is laughauble. No developer worth their salt working on a single platform would have the time, motivation, or reason to go into threads like these for hours and defend something- let alone someone working on "multiple platforms" as he states. I'd love to see a list of stuff he's developed, but I very much doubt anything exists.  Oh, and tt92618 make sure you don't read the below link, arstechnica's hands-on of the phone. That site is...
What struck me is that most of the demos he showed could be approximated very well with only a gyroscope. He was always tilting the phone itself- which a gyroscope can accomplish, built into every iPhone since the iPhone 4. Especially the lockscreens, or the way he was browsing dresses. Easily accomplished with a gyroscope.  Also There's a ton of jailbreak tweaks that give the 3D interface effect.     I guess the eye-tracking makes it a bit more accurate? Is it worth it,...
 ..and you think the average person is running a virtual machine? Why do you take your own experience and project it on others? You're so disconnected from reality, the the length of time you've been using Macs for doesn't change that. Nothing will NEED 16GB of RAM anytime soon, and definitely not in the next couple years. 
 You're completely full of it. My 2012 MBA is still running as smooth as silk with 4GB of RAM, since the day I got it, and through 3 OSX updates (running Yosemite Beta too). OSX updates are almost making BETTER use of RAM, not worse. Mavericks performs better than ML, which performed better than Lion. You're post is full of generalizations and fail on so many levels. Not to mention that I'm a POWER user, so for the average user, even less of an issue. I know people that...
Seems like a very easy to implement feature that leverages all the work they've done with 3D mapping. I approve.
Soldering on RAM has many advantages in terms of manufacturing speed and efficiency, as well as reliability. This bitching and whining is exactly the same as the bitching and whining that occurs every time Apple makes a change to streamline, simplify, and move things forward, whether it be getting rid of floppy drives, firewire connector, making batteries non-replaceable, removing optical drives, making OSX download only, etc etc. Every single time, these led to BETTER...
 ..and 4GB feels absolutely fine today, so am not too worried about that. Also, I doubt it. Memory requirements, especially for desktops, are not going to keep doubling linearly. I do heavy lifting in all the adobe applications daily on 4GB of RAM - the average user doesnt do 10% of what I do. What mainstream task exactly do you presume will need 16GB of RAM 2 years from now? Nothing. Also, OSX is getting MORE memory efficient, not less. This is a complete non-issue for...