or Connect

Posts by Slurpy

..and you think the average person is running a virtual machine? Why do you take your own experience and project it on others? You're so disconnected from reality, the the length of time you've been using Macs for doesn't change that. Nothing will NEED 16GB of RAM anytime soon, and definitely not in the next couple years. 
 You're completely full of it. My 2012 MBA is still running as smooth as silk with 4GB of RAM, since the day I got it, and through 3 OSX updates (running Yosemite Beta too). OSX updates are almost making BETTER use of RAM, not worse. Mavericks performs better than ML, which performed better than Lion. You're post is full of generalizations and fail on so many levels. Not to mention that I'm a POWER user, so for the average user, even less of an issue. I know people that...
Seems like a very easy to implement feature that leverages all the work they've done with 3D mapping. I approve.
Soldering on RAM has many advantages in terms of manufacturing speed and efficiency, as well as reliability. This bitching and whining is exactly the same as the bitching and whining that occurs every time Apple makes a change to streamline, simplify, and move things forward, whether it be getting rid of floppy drives, firewire connector, making batteries non-replaceable, removing optical drives, making OSX download only, etc etc. Every single time, these led to BETTER...
 ..and 4GB feels absolutely fine today, so am not too worried about that. Also, I doubt it. Memory requirements, especially for desktops, are not going to keep doubling linearly. I do heavy lifting in all the adobe applications daily on 4GB of RAM - the average user doesnt do 10% of what I do. What mainstream task exactly do you presume will need 16GB of RAM 2 years from now? Nothing. Also, OSX is getting MORE memory efficient, not less. This is a complete non-issue for...
 You must work for Amazon or something. You can't even download the GMAIL app from the Amazon store. Think about that for s sec. Some of the other extremely popular Android/iOS apps that are simply not available: Maps Voice YouTube Hangouts Chrome Timely Sunrise Keep Adsense Analytics Translate LINE Facebook Messenger Simple Capital One You were saying? Yeah, "robust" indeed. You might be a developer, but you certainly don't make statements that are very factual or...
Meh, 8GB should be fine for a long time, especially for someone opting for the cheapest iMac. If there was a 4GB model, I would have an issue.
 I love how there isn't a single word about software, ecosystem, apps, etc in your entire post.  You're right, nobody who have any reason not to choose this over an iPhone. Not a single reason. You know, with all the "fire phone" exclusives and all. This thing doesn't even run the standard Google Play Store (which in itself is still a huge step below the iOS appstore), only curated apps from there approved for compatibility- nevermind the fact that this OS is years behind...
 So is your post- completely pathetic filled with nothing but drivel. You're knocking down your own straw-men. Who here said it isnt an impressive engineering accomplishment? I think it is. Yet making a lucrative product is about much more than that. The hardware is basically a gateway into Amazon's products. Personally I have no interest in that, no matter how many cameras it tracks my face with. Others might be interested- and that's fine. It seems absurd to me that...
 I've also wondered this- as well as how the hell he can keep claiming the success of Kindle tablets when he hasn't release a single sales figure- ever. I guess we'll just take him at his word. Absolutely ridiculous. If they were proud of sales they would have publicized them. I have yet to see a SINGLE Kindle fire in real life- but we're to assume they're an incredible success.