or Connect

Posts by macanoid(TM)

I know exactly what you mean! What I have wanted for a very long time is some sort of menubar dock, something that holds (user selectable) menubar items. I've made a very simple mockup of what I mean:
as nice as this is, and as nice as safari is, I wish they'd put more effort into making Safari less resource-hungry. it gobbles up memory like there's no tomorrow.
How about: 'Cinema Display To Go', or, 'The World's First Home-Cinema Notebook'.
fck - this is uncanny: just read this: hrmpf
For some time now I've wanted the following: a subnotebook & external screen combo, but with a difference. The external screen has got its own HD, DVD, and videocard. It also allows you to slide in your subnotebook from the side. What I think is ideal about this set up is that due to the videocard in the screen, you can still run graphics extensive applications, and because the screen also has a built-in HD, you get automatic backup, as well as extra disk space the moment...
thanks for all the help. I finally managed to get FileXaminer to work. For now I've stopped using Synk, because after every backup I needed to make some 20 files invisible again, which ticked me off no end. Meanwhile I've switched to SmartBackup (a very very nice program and very fast as well!), at least until Synk fixes the problem. thanks again
thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately, no effect whatsoever. I'm lost here, really, nothing I try or do, the files remain visible, while they're supposed to be invisible. Weird!
again, thanks for the help. these are the terminal results: total 41373 drwxrwxr-x+ 162 root admin 5508 Oct 31 15:38 Applications -rw-r--r--@ 1 root admin 24576 Oct 27 17:43 Desktop DB -rw-r--r--@ 1 root admin 197186 Oct 30 10:56 Desktop DF drwxr-xr-x 6 rudy admin 204 Oct 29 21:27 Developer Tools drwxrwxr-t+ 57 root admin 1938 Oct 28 00:03 Library drwxr-xr-x@ 2 root wheel 68 Sep 23 23:37 Network drwxr-xr-x 4 root wheel ...
Thanks for the help. I had already tried Tinkertool, but to no avail. When opening the folder in FileBuddy, it was already marked as invisible, even though it's clearly visible. I un-marked invisible, and saved, then marked invisible again, but nothing happened - really weird.
thanks for the warning. I had no plans of deleting them, at least, not for now and not until I know for sure they can be deleted. Pretty annoying this.