or Connect

Posts by Gary54

that's has not yet been introduced or offered for sale yet is "way ahead" is akin to advertising a product for sale at next to nothing ..when you don't have any in stock to actually sell. What baloney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRtDc2_SI40
unbreakable/bulletproof type glass is impossible to come by. Ask your local bank
A telephone. Something you use to make calls with for crying out loud Why are you people trolling arguing and jeering who sells more phones than the next guy? Are you in grade school or something?
for every man, woman and child in the USA in less than two years? One smart phone for every man, woman and child in the USA and EU combined in 4 years? A phone is for making calls. I don't own a smart phone. I don't want to own a smart phone. I want my phone to make calls with, not wash dishes or walk the dog. Most of the folks I know don't have or want smart phones for more less the same reason. One smart phone for every man, woman and child in the USA in less than...
OLED until the technology out performs the existing technology at the right price. Gloss screens? Suck lemons no matter what they are on. Manufacturers have used anti-glare for a long time for good reason. errr ... Reducing glare? That hasn't changed one bit no matter what Jobs thinks.
Yeppers ... a bleeding edge technology still in the process of working the kinks out that everyone is having trouble with! rolls eyes
and how many changes in technology between then and now between this letter offering to license and the lawsuit? 40 billion in cash in the bank being a lawsuit magnet is more to the point. Ten years ago, Apple was on the ropes. There is no profit in suing a company on principle when they have no cash. But there sure is a possible profit in suing a company rich in cash 10 years later motivated by pure greed.
Why the XServe came into existence. The XServe and the PowerMac/Mac Pro in their current configuration were actually designed to support Stevie's other hobby .. and the one which was making him money at the time .. Pixar. (Along with XSan & all the other video oriented networking products) How unusual is this? A man with a manufacturing company uses his company's resources to build special equipment for another company of his? Not unusual at all. Custom hardware...
So Dell et al can slam it onto their hardware?? Gimmee a break. LIke THAT is ever going to happen. Its X, but just like ASIP before it, all the "server" package consists of is a few special purpose applications along with a few under the hood tweaks run on the exact same client we all use. This is just as likely to happen as Apple licensing the client OS to 3rd party vendors. Because that's just exactly what it is.