or Connect

Posts by sapporobabyrtrns

Good article. I still think that Nokia will lose market share (smartphones only) simply because of the new players. This is natural. As I said before and will say again, it will be interesting to see how things shake out once Nokia drops the N97 and Apple release 3.0, as well as the other guys. Once the dust clears I suspect Nokia will still be on top separated by only a few percentage points between the rest of the pack. Also, considering that we are speaking about...
Ah, okay. I got cha. I am not so jade like many Nokia fans nor even the Appleistas in this forum to think that market share is exclusive. Nokia will lose shares as will RIM, as will Apple, as will they all. Apple will keep their base, Nokia will as well. It is simple naive to think that with all of the new entrants in the field to think Nokia will continue to sit on a 60% market share. I will put forth that no one will over take them, but they will not enjoy the position...
Once again you prove the point of: It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it. I was not banned. I told the mods to disable my account. Go ask them and see for yourself. Damn, it really has to suck being you.
Would you like us to wait for you to catch up?
Dude, Don't believe this story. There is no way, a govt agency is allowing people to bring their personal devices onto a govt network.
Great post and on the mark. I agree that Nokia has to poop or get off the pot. They have to decide to buy and OS or build one from ground up and doing this in one quick hurry. I would love to see the iPhone OS running on a real phone. The possibilities would be almost endless. I am not a programmer so I can not say for sure how flexible Symbian is in the long run. From one side, developers say that it is dead while others say there is plenty of life left but it needs to be...
Next time post the disclaimer: "No talking about other phone brands allowed in this thread" and I will know the rules of the game.
Good point. For sure. Symbian has been showing its age. My friends in Nokia say that the powers that be are listening and trying to adapt. Considering that no one company has a lock on brain power they all are looking at what the other guy is doing and trying to make it fit. This is true of Apple copying from SE, SE from Nokia, Nokia from Apple, etc.... Hopefully in the end us consumers will be the clear winner.
The buyout was just completed a month or two again so we will have to see how things shake out in the next few months. Now that Symbian is Open Source, developers should flock to it as this is where they will make much of their money. I think CNET mentioned this today or yesterday. I will try to find the article. If Nokia has a successful launch of the N97 the way the 5800XM (minus the colossal US launch screw up), they should be in very good shape market wise. The N97 is...
You are pretty much correct. They are losing market shares to LG (I think), Samsung, Apple, SE (not so much) in the Smartphone market, but there are many definitions of a smartphone. One man's smartphone is another man's multi-media player that can make phone calls. For sure Nokia is going to lose market share but the market is very much fragmented. Apple is not going to just march in and sweep up. If this were true Apple should be running away with it all now but as I...