or Connect

Posts by stehsegler

Firstly I don't get the Mavericks and Sarah Palin thing. Mavericks is awesome and leaves open an infinite possibility of cool surf spot names. How about "bone yards" or "sunset" or back yards" or "hookipa" or "kirra" or cloud break" or "g land" or "teahupoo" ... endless... In regards to the display, when they first mentioned the 4k thunderbolt display I right away checked the specs for the 27inch screen. Had missed something? I hadn't. The current 27 inch screen isn't a...
I actually flew on a Qantas 767 from Sydney to Brisbane last month that already had the aircraft retrofit with iPads. The way it works is quite simple. They have a little horizontal strap sewn across the back of the seat in front of you. The iPad is struck in the seat pocket and comes in a case that has a lit that folds back. Once you fold back the lid you can easily stick it into the strap. Of course there is nothing stopping you from using your own iPad as well. I have...
you do realise this is only the hardware and doesn't actually include any software, backup, cloud storage, credit card processing, bank integration... etc. etc. expect to spend at least another $5,000 before you even come close to what the entire Square package is. And even then you have a clunky solution with no real support if the hardware breaks.
The real issue is that in iOS 5 the maps app worked incredibly well for Australia. So well in fact that I would blindly trust it. With iOS 6 it's pretty much useless. There are so many errors in both the maps as well as the business search results I have given up on it completely. To me it's incomprehensible why they wouldn't revert back to the Google Maps based App for the time being until they resolve the issues with iOS 6. I am sure it's just a matter of time before...
If that's true who ever at Apple made the decision to swap the "old" maps app with the new one is even dumber than I thought.
I don't know about the US but here in Australia the maps app went from being the killer feature on the iPhone to completely useless. The underlying data set for business searches is so hopeless using it is a complete waste of time.   What's even more frustrating is that the maps of Windows Phone 7, which used to be so so in comparison to iOS, is now leaps and bound better.   Unless Apple fixes this quick smart I think they will be loosing a lot of users to...
it certainly will be anticompetitive if they will treat Windows 8 tablets accessing the virtual environment in a different. IE not needing the additional license.
It seems to me a lot of people don't understand what Filemaker is aimed at. I don't believe when they designed it the idea was to create a transactional database engine that can server millions of web transactions per hour. (btw, neither was Oracle or SQL Server originally). The point of Filemaker is that you can very quickly design a solution to a data capture or management problem. A nice bonus is that it's cross platform. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't think...
remember when they renamed French Fries to Freedom Fries? well, people still bought them.
anyone remember when Balmer made fun of the iPhone because "it doesn't even have a physical keyboard"? This is just another comment in that area... and really means, we tried tables but failed. We know our current operating system (Windows 7) isn't really good at touch input and a new version using the Windows Phone interface isn't ready until 2012 / 2013. So in the meantime we'll just bad mouth the competition.