or Connect

Posts by stuffe

Just because it's not a part of the official spec doesn't mean that they won't or can't produce them. The lightening bit on the other end isn't official USB either, obviously. It would merely prevent them from using the USB name and logo. These are *not* USB cables, they are Apple cables with a USB connector on one end. If they change that to Apple cables that are compatible with USB Sockets, then it's the same thing. That said, if it was this easy, why has it taken...
I'm not a betting man, so it's lucky than I won't actually have to pay out when I say I bet there is no 5.5" iPhone being released this year even if I am wrong, which I am sure I won't be. Here's why. Remember all the talk about screen resolutions when the screen last bumped from 3.5" to 4"? All the talk about how developers would have to resize their apps on top of providing retina "x2" assets etc etc. Then when the iPad Mini was out all the talk before was about the...
"tomorrow" isn't the same as "next time we speak" though is it.  Not actually sure what MS means by "next time we speak", but it could be a reminder if your wife were to call, or you were to call here, or even if you were in the same geofence location.  I have Cortane on a work phone, and I quite like it, it does *some* things (and not others) that Siri cannot, but it's not substantially better or worse.  Let's talk when it's properly available in non dev preview and iOS8...
 For sure it's going that way, as I said.  But it's nowhere near close to actually being there yet was my point, let's not be getting ahead of ourselves, taking it from the accessory side first then other than standard heart rate straps etc there are precious few non ANT+ devices for things like power meters and so fort, and those that are around are 1st gen products.  It's tipping, but its not tipped.  Either way NFC is toast.  Apple (and we) dodged a bullet with that...
 No, but there are people who simply won't buy a watch if it doesn't fit.    The strap is a really important part of the sell for any watch.  I have a lot of watches (well, say 10-15) and I would like to own more, the limiting factor is finding ones that fit, rather than finding ones you like the look and/or features of.  When your choice of smartwatch for an iPhone is going to be restricted to a couple of devices max, you had better make sure that there are a lot of strap...
 Hmm, whilst I agree with your line of questioning, I would disagree with your counterpoint that BT4.0 is already a de facto standard in such things.  I agree that it may well go that way, and soon, but right now ANT+ is the only interoperable standard in town for such sensors, and that's using ancient 2.4Ghz RF tech.
Great idea, my Windows Phone has a choice of a couple of apps that sort of do this in a similar way.  We know the paper pamphlet gives you the bare minimum info on essentially turning it on and logging into iCloud, but then the rest is up to the user to already know or discover, any many iPhone users I know don't know about loads of what should be obvious and essential actions, like a double space to insert a full stop and space etc.  The user guides on iBooks are usually...
Well, at least he's helped us rule out one reason why they bought Beats, because if he's says so, it's gotta be flat out wrong. Cheers Kanye!
 Not that simple.  Faster also begets more efficient, more efficient means getting the same performance at a lower energy cost, ergo Metal could pump up the pixels, or it could give you more battery life with no loss of existing performance.  
 That's exactly what I went on to say "Great as Metal is, if OpenGL had done something similar for everyone, we'd be in a better place for *games players*, at the expense of any 1 individual company gaining an advantage for a subset of gamers.".  You need to reply to what I say, not what you assume I say from the first sentence... ;)