or Connect

Posts by jazzguru

It is one thing to point out a linkage. It is another to imply it is the only linkage.I never said the religious aspect was irrelevant. You misunderstand me. My point is we shouldn't focus ONLY on the religious aspect when there are clearly others. For example, the fact that the U.S. and some of its allies have been meddling in Middle Eastern affairs for decades is, I think, an important factor that should not be ignored. I think you and I are largely in agreement here. I...
 He was a terrorist who used Islam to justify his heinous actions.Just as those who carried out the Crusades used Christianity to justify their heinous actions. The religion is not responsible for the terrorism. It is the individuals trying to use religion to justify it that are responsible. So calling it "Islamic Terrorism" is, I think, misleading and only fosters suspicion and hatred for about 23% of earth's population who by and large are peaceful people.
 Have you read Osama bin Laden's "Letter to America"? http://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/nov/24/theobserver It seems to me like his motives were not purely religious in nature. So why call him an "Islamic Terrorist"? It's not entirely accurate.
It's terrorism under the guise of religion. Let's not conflate the two.
 Any homes for sale in Hobbiton?
  For the same reason people buy cheaper Android phones instead of iPhones: price.
  This may sound strange, but I actually don't want Apple to have the biggest market share.
  There are unsold Android phones sitting on store shelves or in warehouses that will never receive another OS update.   No, the iPhone 4 will not be able to use ALL of the features of iOS 7, but how many 3-year-old Android phones will receive an OS update of ANY kind?   This is one of the many reasons I decided to finally get an iPhone 5 a couple weeks ago. Apple products provide lasting value and usefulness. I wish I had gotten one sooner.
  I look forward to reading your posts. :) Sending good vibes your way.
If he were white and used the "n word", he'd be out of office now. That's the double standard.