or Connect

Posts by jazzguru

No, the questions was in response to tonton's attempt to deflect attention. This has been discussed in the "Massacre in Connecticut" thread. I'd rather not indulge tonton in his attempt to derail this thread. Thanks.
  If you are truly concerned about human lives and cost, why not focus on medical errors? They account for many more lives and many more billions of dollars than those "evil" guns.   By one estimate...     But I digress. This was merely another poor attempt on your part to derail the thread.   And you do realize that list of 60 items is not all inclusive, right? I'm sure there are far more wasteful things the government isn't even telling us about - probably under the...
  One of the main problems with relying on government is that the money goes to wasteful, absurd causes rather than where it's actually needed.
Italian-style coffee philanthropy takes hold in Bulgaria     That's odd...I don't see anything in the above article about the government forcing these coffee shops to support such an effort. Surely this philanthropic movement could not have come about spontaneously without any government intervention.  
  You support a regime that forcibly removes property from some to give to others.   And you didn't deny that this regime also indefinitely detains and assassinates people without due process.
  You support a regime that indefinitely detains and assassinates people without due process.   You tried to justify your support for this regime by making false claims about its political opponents.   When called on this, you attempt to derail the conversation.
  I'm devastated. Really.
  Somehow, I don't think you held it in high esteem to begin with, so that's really a moot point.
  False dilemma. We get it. You think Ron Paul and his supporters are evil and hate little children and puppies.   Now back to the point: no matter how you try to spin things or how much you try to demonize those with whom you disagree, the fact remains that you support a regime that indefinitely detains and assassinates people without due process.
  You're pointing out that you presented a false dilemma, and that's supposed to somehow make your statement any less false?