or Connect

Posts by jazzguru

If somebody is shooting at you or threatening to shoot you and wildly pointing a gun at everyone, then of course you have the right to defend yourself, whether or not you're a police officer. Obviously in that situation it is unlikely the shooter will be disarmed and apprehended before harming another person, so the use of lethal force is justified.   In your suggested scenario, the threat is not as imminent, wouldn't you agree? If there is the possibility of preserving...
  Law enforcement does not (or should not) have the authority to try, convict, and sentence anyone. That is the difference.
  Why do you hate little children and kittens?
  Your subtle claim that I am an extremist notwithstanding, is it not important to consider all the possibilities - even those considered "extreme"?   I believe your police office example is different from the president claiming the authority to be the judge, jury, and executioner.   In the police example, the officer is clearly defending himself from a threat that anyone could see.   The POTUS is claiming the authority to arbitrarily deem someone an "imminent threat",...
Rand Paul’s Filibuster Divides the Left and Right    
White House, Holder respond to Rand Paul: ‘The answer is no’       So...all the president has to do is declare someone to be an "imminent threat" and he can kill them without due process?   Am I misunderstanding this?
Doctor Threatens To Call Cops On Pregnant Woman If She Doesn’t Have Emergency C-Section   I'd like to know which law she is breaking that would require the use of law enforcement.
  The fact that any company - foreign or domestic - can influence laws in the U.S. to the degree they do is what concerns me.
  Why do you hate little children and kittens?
Graham, McCain blast Paul filibuster   These guys are so out of touch with reality it's scary they are in positions of such power and influence.