or Connect

Posts by jazzguru

White House, Holder respond to Rand Paul: ‘The answer is no’       So...all the president has to do is declare someone to be an "imminent threat" and he can kill them without due process?   Am I misunderstanding this?
Doctor Threatens To Call Cops On Pregnant Woman If She Doesn’t Have Emergency C-Section   I'd like to know which law she is breaking that would require the use of law enforcement.
  The fact that any company - foreign or domestic - can influence laws in the U.S. to the degree they do is what concerns me.
  Why do you hate little children and kittens?
Graham, McCain blast Paul filibuster   These guys are so out of touch with reality it's scary they are in positions of such power and influence.
  The Obama Administration clearly claims the authority to do so to American citizens overseas, and have actually carried this policy out. They have been asked repeatedly if the same standard applies to American citizens on U.S. soil and they refuse to make a statement either way. This was the main reason for yesterday's filibuster.
Crony capitalism is alive and well in America.
  His silence leaves a lot of room for speculation, doesn't it? It would certainly be helpful if he would clarify his intent, here.       Shooting a suspect who is pointing a gun at you or someone else is a very different scenario than using a drone to obliterate building with a suspect inside.   In the first scenario, the threat is obvious to all.   In the second scenario, we can only speculate.
  The president has not made any comment. That was one of the reasons for Rand Paul's filibuster yesterday.   Please correct me if I'm wrong, but LE doesn't claim the authority to preemptively kill people it deems a threat. You know, the whole concept of "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law".   Although it could be argued that incidents such as the one in Waco, Texas or the conclusion of the manhunt of Christopher Dorner have set a dangerous precedent for LE.
The president is claiming the authority to assassinate American citizens without recognizing their Constitutionally guaranteed right to due process of law.That doesn't concern you even a little?