or Connect

Posts by jazzguru

Apparently we don't need courts or due process anymore. The president is now the judge, jury, and executioner.   Barack Obama 'has authority to use drone strikes to kill Americans on US soil'   Checks and balances, indeed.
So...it's an Android tablet marketed towards education. How innovative?
  -David S. D'Amato, Economic Fascism and the Power Elite
  -- David Friedman, The Machinery of Freedom
Truth is treason in an empire of lies.
  Thank you for your opinion.
  I suppose it's a matter of interpretation. He declared that anyone who didn't arrive at the same conclusions as him was naive and ignorant. And, since he was conversing with me, the implication was obvious.
  I am done because of your condescending tone and continued engagement in straw man fallacies and argumentum ad hominem. If you want to claim it's because I cannot answer, go right ahead.   Hopefully others with open minds will think about some of the things I've said and realize that - to paraphrase Bastiat - life, liberty, and property do not exist because men made laws. On the contrary, men made laws because those things existed in the first place.
  No, not a word of comment on any of your other points.   You make such a statement ("I just cannot conceive of the level of naivety and ignorance of history necessary to imagine any other outcome") and I'm the one engaging in argumentum ad hominem? I'm the one who doesn't want a discussion?   We can converse until we're blue in the face (we've probably arrived at that point), but if you process everything I say and everything you read through the mindset reflected in...