or Connect

Posts by jazzguru

You love it, do you?    I certainly don't keep posting for the sake of the so-called "other side".
  You have a great talent for combining argumentum ad hominem with straw man fallacy. Sadly, it's not the kind of talent I would consider laudable or list on a resume.
  So you will not admit that your statement about me was utterly false. Got it. I suspect you knew it was false when you posted it.
  I'm sorry, but you're becoming much too condescending for me to want to continue this conversation with you. Every other sentence seems to be a straw man fallacy or argumentum ad hominem.   If you can stick to the issues and refrain from making this personal, then I'd be happy to continue.
  We certainly don't want these kinds of weapons in the hands of fallible, flawed, and corruptible people, do we?   Thank goodness there are no fallible, flawed, or corruptible people in government. Let's give them a monopoly on violence. What could possibly go wrong?
  Your opinion is noted. Now will you or will you not admit that the comment you made - about me not being opposed to any "non-governmental" person or group of people forcing others to conform to their beliefs - was utterly false?
  I don't believe I was asking anything. I made a statement that you obviously disagree with. It happens.   It's understandable that you would expect government growth to be necessary and good, as you believe government itself is necessary and good.   I, however, do not believe institutionalized violence and plunder is necessary. Quite the opposite, in fact.
  Um, because the conversation was about government.   Why have you ignored my frequent mention of my belief in the non-aggression principle?   And my frequent assertions that government should not be allowed to do anything an individual is not allowed to do?   So that there can be no future misunderstanding of my position: I am opposed to any person or group of people - whether they call themselves a government or not - forcing others to conform to their beliefs....
  But these aren't spending cuts. They're reductions in future spending increases. Totally not the same thing.
  -- Jeffrey Tucker