or Connect

Posts by jazzguru

Answer my question, please.
  Are those really the only two options?
  How does the old saying go? "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink."
The TSA: keeping us safe from the deadly scourge of wheelchair-bound toddlers on their way to Disney World   The TSA, when you really think about it, is the embodiment of government.   To quote Pierre-Joseph Proudhon:  
  I can understand how you would jump to that conclusion, but it is mistaken. You really must ask questions if you want to know what I think, rather than jump to these conclusions in your mind and assume that's what I've said or thought. Our conversations would be much more productive if you did so.   I agree that nuclear weapons are not safe in any one person's hands. (Shocked?) And why are they not? Because human beings are flawed, fallible, vulnerable, easily...
  In my opinion, the "gold standard" for any foundation of government is the Declaration of Independence. If you compare what we have today with the principles set forth in that document, it's plainly obvious that what we currently have is systemized plunder under the guise of representative government. Government derives its power from the consent of the governed, and when you take consent out of the picture, it is invalid and despotic.   For example, I do not consent to...
  Stop putting words in my mouth.
  And under what authority or standards is anyone bound to a business transaction that they did not implicitly consent to?
  Please quote me where I said that. Oh, wait. I didn't.
  Whatever you say, jimmac.