or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by 2 cents

You can try it free for 60 days and see if it suits you. I love MobileMe. Currently, contacts, calendars, and bookmarks sync. Push email works great. Photos don't really sync but you can upload them to MobileMe easily and there is a nice app to view your albums. You can set the iphone and ipad to use the app (instead of safari) to view MobileMe photos and albums. My guess is that apple adds additional syncing (photos? iTunes?). As it stands, I hardly ever connect my iphone...
I'd guess you're in the minority. Your kind don't even qualify as a rounding error.
These rumors are out of control. Fiddling with phone size makes no sense. Contrary to what geeks think, most people don't give hoot. If apple can increase screen size in the current format without affecting apps or usabilty, well, OK. And miniaturization adds cost so a cheaper, smaller iphone? Forget it. The nano phone? Maybe. But not in way it is being imagined. Why invest in dying feature phones when smart phones are becoming ubiquitous, cheap, and more in demand? But...
MobileMe upload speeds are the same as any other uploads for me. Sync problems? None. 90% of the time they happen almost instaneoudsly and the other 10% within minutes. I don't use the web email and I'm not sure I see the advantage of doing so. Having two apple iOS devices and a Mac, the point of MobileMe email is that I can set up each device by simply logging into my MobileMe account once and for all. Then all the native apps, (mail, calendar, contacts, bookmarks) do...
Nice mock up but I don't get why the shrunken phone would be any cheaper to manufacture. And can you even get a bumper or case on it without blocking the screen?
Yes, we'll have to agree to disagree. While I have no idea what apple plans with their many billions, I'm sure they do, and I can't see them sinking it into telecom services. Likely, they are planning things (such media content deals like they did with beattles catalog, more data center investment, shoring up the supply chain, and perhaps even buying some component manufacturers, etc). Hard to guess. If this lower priced iphone with no contract does get out there, I'll be...
No, I think apple has zero interest in becoming an MVNO and it's the last thing they want to sink their cash into. There are many things they have likely slotted money for and new things will come down the pike that can't be foreseen. And having cash is a great hedge for any company, especially a company like apple that often makes moves that don't fit the conventional business logic. As for verizon selling the minutes or someone else will, it's not about minutes, it's...
Straight talk means crippled phones, unusable data and browser (probably on purpose) and more voice and texts than 99% of users need or want, creating a perceived value until you start using the phone and realize that it's a marketing gimmick. And tech support...nobody speaks English. I just don't think apple is interested in that model and besides, it's on the verizon network. Do you think verizon would unleash millions and millions of new iphone users on their network...
I went the shitty dumb phone (plus iTouch) route for a couple of years. Then I got an iPhone and I realized I was blowing smoke up my own ass. You can't compare so just save yourself the aggravation. First of all, shitty phones are an aggravation onto themselves. The gift that gives on giving. And think about it. $15/month for 3G everywhere you go is not bad. You don't have wifi in your car, or on a bus, or most places on the street. Even when you do find it, more and more...
Irrespective of patent issues, the execution is something that I expect apple to do and do well. The NC facilty is one important part of the formula. Contrary to geek rantings, no, the full cloud is not ready for prime time--and most people are not ready to surrender all their data and apps to it even if it were. Perhaps the cloud will never be a 100% solution for many of us. I had a colleague try to convince me of its imminent arrival in 1997 and it's still not come to...
New Posts  All Forums: