or Connect

Posts by 2 cents

Wife and I. 27" iMac, wifi iPad, 2 iPhones. My wife does her freelance graphic design work on the iMac. It is also our tv when she has down time (dropped cable so we just watch Netflix, iTunes, and other web content). I do my heavy duty stuff (finances, web work, etc) on the iMac. Handles updates for iDevices as well. While she is using the imac, I can use the iPad to surf, email, set up appointments and dates, etc. Watch Netflix, listen to pandora and slacker, read my...
Use the ear buds. They have a mic built in. I used the iPod touch for a while but a touch with skype is not a cell phone. You'll still need a cell phone and that is why I got an iPhone eventually and have never looked back. I tried the all free or cheap VoIP stuff for about a year and it never lived up to the hype. Of course I still use skype for international calls from my iPhone.Edit: I don't know if the first gen iPod touch had the ear buds with the built in mic or not....
Words mean something. If you disagree, there is not much to discuss, since we are using words to communcate. See how it works? The word cencorship has already been brought up (not by me originally) and it's not semantics when people say apple is censoring this or that. It's substantive to the discussion. Furthermore, I am not an obedient slave. In fact, I am very supportive of wikileaks but I understand that in a case like this, apple may have a reason to pull the app...
It's really appalling that most Americans don't understand that the first amendment is in regards to government, not business. Businesses are under no obligation to publish anything. If apple or amazon block wikileaks, someone else can publish the info and the citizen still has access. If the government, otoh, silences publishers, then we have censorship. Civics classes anyone?
Thursday is my software updates night. Just ran the software update software and everything works great on my iMac 27" (running the latest Snow Leopard). Sorry others may be having problems.
He's the latest troll. Just put him on ignore and be done with it.
Apple and MS have had a good cooperative relationship for a long time now. It's mostly the fanboys that can't get along. To me, this is a great way to go. Spread out the the costs and share the patents. Regardless what is said about the companies, they are tech companies, not patent whores. Better this than some group that holds them waiting for a big payday via the courts. But there was no chance of that anyway. Patent squatters just file patents in hopes if getting...
This has been exactly our approach. For us, a 27" iMac is an awesome machine when serving as the foundation of such a strategy. My wife runs a freelance graphic design business on it, I manage all our finances on it (business and personal), we watch movies, tv and other video on it (we have no tv or cable so we watch netflix, iTunes, YouTube, etc), it handles updates for an iPad and 2 iPhones, and much more (too much to mention). We've gotten more bang for our buck from...
Blanket response to doom sayers: this will get sorted out. It's not in apple's interest to infringe on copyrights but neither will they dismantle their ultra-successful business model. Adjustments will be made by all, everyone will get paid (all that should probably many that should not) and life will go in.
The difference between YouTube and the apple app store is only in degree not in substance. The app store is much closer a model to youtube than it is to walmart.