or Connect

Posts by pats

What makes you think your incapable of using a virtual keyboard? If pounding out text I would use a small bluetooth keyboard but if my main goal was writing I doubt I would be using a netbook. The focus of the iPad obviously is media consumption but the device will be quite capable of producing document when you don't want to drag along a laptop.
I guess that sucks for the PC makers. The price per GB for NAND is on a similar price curve as for RAM which is a more mature process. Capacities double about every 18mo and prices per GB goes down about 40% per year. The choice to include in a PC is all about cost.
Don't think this change would require 10.7. The real issue is OS X compatible drivers from Nvidia/Intel. Most likely Windows got it first because they are bigger but with the 9400 being on all the recent Macbooks you can bet Nvidia are trying to sell something beyond Intel's IGP to Apple to juice the graphics. Apple will support discrete graphics at least on the higher end macbook pro where they can charge for the extra silicon. On the macbook the Intel IGP is probably...
AnandTech has a nice detailed article on NVIDIA Optimus
You really have a chip on your shoulder about Apple and their products. Actually if you look at what I said, I can stream every channel I pay for from my Cable provider to my Iphone so that includes CNN, ESPN, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX. You are kidding yourself to think Android is the next great coming. As far as pricing goes, I think Apple as a company seems to do well with their pricing have you read their quarterly report?
Do you make this stuff up or what. I currently stream my Comcast cable via my EyE TV to my Iphone WIFI and 3G. I can watch a ton of content via video Apps but none are called Hulu. Flash is not on the Iphone but if you actually wanted to, you can watch about anything worth watching on the Iphone/Ipad. If you want to share I'm sure someone will write a program to remove the DRM. Not like it doesn't exist for every other format Music, Video ect. Of course you can share...
I will state it more clearly then Apple sets their hardware margins higher then Dell and HP so they can provide things to the customer that Dell and HP don't, Like good customer support or best in class software or including applications on the system which are not trialware or bloat. All these things cost real money, but if you focus on hardware BOM and hardware margins you miss what Apple is all about. Apple is vertically integrated so they care about customer...
The panel is inexpensive for Apple because they prepaid to LG .5B for displays. For the rest of the folks buying one will be quite a bit more. Dell just came out with the display used in the Imac and guess what price for display only with no computer? $1099. I can't get how Dell can overcharge everyone as the low cost leader. Apple provides the same display integrated. So you pay $600 for the computer.
Apple has higher margins because they provide customer support. Guess what if you try to get your Dell fixed you talk on the phone endlessly and throw up your hands whatever the cause your fault or Dell's. If you have a similar problem with an Apple product and you take it to the Genius they either fix it or replace it on the spot in most cases. Apple has a great rep because they provide service to their customers so people are willing to pay a little bit more and avoid...
What industry standard do you refer to? Flash is proprietary. It is available on most platforms and used by many but this does not make a standard, but I guess the same thing could be said about Windows or Silverlight. It's amazing, Apple chooses to support their own proprietary standard QuickTime and not Adobe's. Get a clue. Apple is a business and is not going to promote Adobe or Microsoft at the expense of their own business. If it was a standard, like HTML 5 then...