or Connect

Posts by pats

Brian not to defend AT&T because the ATT 3G network in Manhattan is obviously saturated. As far as 3G and signal strength, when the phone is in standby the signal estimate is inaccurate, because the phone is basically getting a housekeeping signal. This also causes the battery to rundown excessively fast in a poor 3G signal environment. When it negotiates a connection with the actual tower you get a more realistic signal. Bandwidth ow WCDMA (3G) is allocated very...
You are clueless dude. The App store has 21000 games of which zero are fart apps since the fart app is entertainment. If you have played games on an Itouch or Iphone you might realize it is a decent gaming system. The graphics on the 3GS exceed the capabilities of the DS and PSP so your issue is obviously with the controls. I would hate to bring you to earth but the DS and PSP analog controls leave much room for improvement so we will see where on screen controls take us.
Your kidding right. Hard to think of a scenario where Apple's implementation would not support the high end card if they are supporting the low end. Did you test against any of the card you mention with SL?
I have to ask why do you care? The applications you use will work under snow leopard and the size of the kernel is basically irrelevant except for really high performance apps. Apple is moving everything to 64 bit but will it be done at Snow Leopard answer is no, because lots of applications are not 64 bit so depending on what you do on your system your performance will vary. What are worried about. Is it an issue with address space or some other constraint that your...
It would be much easier for Apple to add a CDMA chip from Qualcomm then for Verizon to change their network, but I seriously doubt Apple will waste their time chasing after CDMA when the technology is rapidly approaching EOL. That would be like spending your R&D on Windows XP. As far as the App store and Apple I think it's a non-starter but would watch what happens in China to see if Apple is willing to negotiate on the App store revenue share with carriers. I think...
(ad hom removed)I know you pass the day being a idiot, but text works just fine on the Iphone. If you ever had one you would know. How do people get texts you ask. You buy them of course With ATT they charge you extra for text up to unlimited family plan for $20. If you think ATT will match Sprints price you obviously are clueless about market share. ATT better then any other network finally has a phone which uses their network so they can determine rational pricing...
The problem with WIFI is the Chinese Govt was enforcing a security standard on use of WIFI. All devices needed to support WLAN Authentication and Privacy Infrastructure (WAPI). As far as Iphone in China and the Far East the best site to track is Dan Butterfield's IphoneAsia According to Dan's latest post July 10th
We live in interesting times will Apple stick with Nvidia and the follow on to the 9400M The next iteration of the Nvidia ION chipset is believed to have double the amount of shaders seen in the current Geforce 9400M /MCP79/ION GPU according to Fudzilla. Nvidia ION has 16 shaders whilst ION 2 will have more than 32. The result will be much more powerful graphics. Or Will the go out on their own via PowerVR SGX 543MP The POWERVR SGX543MP family enables up to...
That's correct. 10.9 use the Service or Content with any products, systems, or applications for or in connection with: (a) real time navigation or route guidance, including but not limited to turn-by-turn route guidance that is synchronized to the position of a user's sensor-enabled device; (b) any systems or functions for automatic or autonomous control of vehicle behavior; or (c) dispatch, fleet management, business asset tracking, or similar enterprise applications...
It has line out according to the demo and handsfree phone. I waiting to see the price.