or Connect

Posts by joindup

Summing up his response, Balsillie reiterated that he thinks RIM is "just well ahead on the PlayBook, well ahead internationally, and extending very very well." So the Playbook is well ahead of the iPad? Great! Where can I buy one? Seriously, Apple could do with releasing 4.3 around late January with some performance improvements to mobile Safari. I do find it a little sluggish, especially caching. But a tweaked Safari on iPad 1 would be well ahead of the Playbook....
this is actually a really interesting point. BBM aint enough. Windows Phone 7 probably has more medium term success potential due to XBox and Cloud Services than other factors. It remains to be seen if MS leverage that as well or better than Apple leverage MobileMe, Mobile iWork and Ping. Ping hasn't exactly set social alight, but the key building blocks are there. I'd like to see Apple buy Dropbox, Twitter and Instagram and keep them Ad and data-mining free. It remains...
They sold 600,000 !!!??? I never realized so many iPad developers were that curious to see how much it sucks.
I think a good PlayBook is good for iPad users as Apple have a 6 month lead time to consider their response via iPad 2 which I expect in April or June 2011 (just my hunch). Unfortunately it will be so hard to compare like for like in these situations for all the reasons laid out in the comments so far. I must admit, AIR and Java support will be useful, enabling (for example) the ability to edit Squarespace websites on a Playbook. BUT it remains to be seen if the...
Phew, it's getting pretty hard to make constructive criticism these days on AI. I'm suggesting that a buggy iOS creates an invitation for competitors to attack. I didn't say they HAD taken up the invitation, but I'm big enough to admit that the competitive offerings are improving. I WILL stick by Apple, as their products are legend BUT when a promised feature is possibly dropped, it can make life hard for developers trying to plan Apps which help keep the iPhone ahead.
Exactly, thanks. Our household is entirely iOS: Macs, AppleTV, the lot. I'm just saying I think that current output is not up to the usual perfectionist standards. When Microsoft and Android are both upping their smartphone games, now is not the time to get sloppy. iPhone 4 return rates are an excellently low 1.7%, but let me tell you, when you can't make a phone call because every time you put it to your ear your ear touches the live buttons because the proximity sensor...
I forgot to add: Daylight Savings Time Bug Lack of White iPhone That's 9 significant annoyances. Apple MUST issue fixes and updates fast if they are to retain their reputation as User Experience leaders. I'm not saying the iPhone isn't still my favorite phone, but added to the problems/feature lacks with MobileMe, iTunes and file management roundtripping and the cloud, I guess I was hoping for a lot more from the whole 10.6.5 + iTunes 10.1 + 4.2 unification release....
So recent iOS hardware and software faux pas now read: Antennagate Glass Shattering and/or fragility Withdrawl of Slide on Cases Proximity Sensor Bug (which personally has forced me to return 2 iPhone4s) Poor performance of iOS 4 on iPhone 3G Wifi Connectivity Issues And now The disappearance of Airprint This is not the Apple we love...
Hmm. We're two weeks away from submitting a (fairly substantial) app to the Store. We HAD Airprint enabled - but now wondering whether to remove it. Should we include a button in our App's UI that might not work?
AND, even though the exchange rate is currently $1AU = $1US, it's on sale outright here for $999!! http://www.harveynorman.com.au/produ...ung-galaxy-tab