or Connect

Posts by justbobf

Maybe you volunteered to work 16 hours. I think these guys are forced to. I worked in a sweat shop once, and let me tell you, it was no fun. I think we all need to have more sympathy for these overworked employees. Apple is not all golden all the time, folks. We do not have to say they are wonderful all the time. We can be, and indeed should be, objective.
I think Mark is exactly right. Tim is right, too. Apple way overcharges for its products. If everyone charged like Apple, we could not afford to buy services that are now advertising supported. Would you really want to pay for Facebook and Google? Google gives us a lot of stuff in exchange for advertising to us. And, Apple is being a bit disingenuous, too, saying they don't sell our data. They do have iAd after all.
Apple probably did violate anti-trust laws by colluding with other companies. The idea of not being able to sell books at different prices on different stores took away competition. But, the real criminal here is Amazon. They took ( and often still do take ) 70%, leaving the author with 30%. Apple turned that on its head and gives authors 80% (or is it 70% ?) and keeps the remainder. That's good for authors. It is also good for authors to be able to set their own prices,...
The problem with self-publishing outside of Apple, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble is the lack of copy protection known as DRM, Digital Rights Management.
Sounds like she is cutting back on service, just like what's his name did.
So, there are no fines; but, he did not say there was no exclusivity agreement.
I think he has a very valid point about the iPads, or rather, tablets and eat readers in general. These devices have made books, magazines, and even newspapers much more convenient. Another large contributing factor to the demise of paper has been newspapers and magazines own success in their online publications. Their paper products are decimated. Of course, the whole trouble is that they cannot make nearly as much money online and all of them are in dire straits. In any...
Finally. It's about time these corporations, who are making soooo much money started paying their share. Wish our (U.S.) politicians had more spine.
IPhone 6 at $862 in China? Why does it cost so much more there, where it is made, than here?
A little disingenuous of Cook since almost all of this data is duplicated in iCloud, that is within the government's reach.