or Connect

Posts by justbobf

I can't check right now, but correct me if I am mistaken... Doesn't the iBookstore only sell ePubs? They do not sell PDFs, right? ePubs are for books with a lot of text, not a lot of pictures and page layout. I think hat is why magazines are going the app way. They want their pages to look great and they add extra content. Click on a photo and see a gallery of images. Click on another and if becomes a movie, right? At least that's how Sports Illustrated was showing in...
I see the Apple Mouse is also available, as well as the Magic Mouse and the trackpad...just wondering, does that mean the Magic Mouse is a bit overhyped? I would be curious to hear from people who have the Magic Mouse to see if they like it.
iBooks would be a great addition; but, let's say Apple wants us to be able to publish our own books, what app do they now make that is the most logical place to begin? Pages. Seems to me that they could add a few ePub templates to Pages and they would be there....maybe a conversion function that would convert a current Pages doc to an ePub doc...a little tricky because the ePub format doesn't support much formatting. Still, it seems that Pages would be the place to add...
Maybe this is for their internet-based apps. Free Mobile Me. That would actually be a way to show everyone what a Mac experience is like, potentially driving Mac sales. It might also be a hedge against Google Apps.
I miss Lala. (10 cents to add the song to your playlist and listen to it all you want, or until bought by another company.)
That's disgusting.
Three things: 1) Apple's got the cash for any option suggested here. 2) Did you notice? A bumper which retails for $29 might cost just $1 to make. Something is very wrong when we are asked to pay such a large markup these days. (I know, if Apple had to supply every iPhone 4 user, they may need to buy the bumpers in much larger quantities that the current company is buying them in, so the cast may be less...still... 3) Looks like the Apple haters are back. I...
[QUOTE=gvisser;1661930]Those are Emoticons. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoticons Emoji are the icons and pictures: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoji But, that page you linked to says the emoji are both emoticons and pictures. Here a the quote from that page: "Emoji (絵文字?) is the Japanese term for the picture characters or emoticons used in Japanese wireless messages and webpages"
I dunno know...I sort of like the original Mobile Me layout. One click to get to the other areas, instead of two. Now, a new user could be excused to thinking that Mobile Me is only email, as that is all they see when they log in.
>>> The first was opened 20 minutes away from an Apple Store in Scottsdale Arizona Hummm... I don't think a 20 minute drive can be considered close. That's farther than from the beach to downtown L.A.