or Connect

Posts by justbobf

Seems like revising Medicare rules would be a step in the right direction. I have to counter "crees!" 's Republican response. Medicare is a wonderful program. My grandmother was so happy to get in in the 1960s, saying she did not want to be a financial burden to her family. For those against Medicare, think of how your parents would get along if they did not have it. If they would be okay, think of how others who are less fortunate would fare. Now, it seems to me...
After "upgrading" to Snow Leopard, the Epson color profiles disappeared from the Adobe InDesign and Illustrator CS3 dialog boxes. They do show up in Photoshop CS3 and in Apple's Mail.app and Safari print dialog boxes. We also go the spinning color wheel for over a half hour (had to force quit the machine) just when logging into a user account for the first time. Worked the second time after repairing permissions.
You know, someone is probably going to bring up the lack of Wi-Fi on the iPhone and attribute that to Chinese censorship. But, I think there must be another reason that Wi-Fi is excluded. Perhaps it is cost, perhaps something else. I say this because Apple sells the iPod Touch in China. That's Wi-Fi equipped, right? And, computers connect to the internet in China; I know, it is slightly limited internet, but that would be the same type of internet service the iPhone...
Adobe has had a pattern of only releasing one update after the initial release of a version, unlike Apple that constantly fixes their program between upgrades. I think with CS3 they may have issued another bug fix or two, though. I don't know how much money Adobe has; if this is cost-prohibitive for them. I would hate for them to charge us more than they already are for their upgrades. Another thing that ticks me off with Adobe is that they almost entirely refuse to...
So, let's see. Google Voice replaces Apple's phone services so Apple won't allow it. On the Mac OS, Firefox may replace Safari; but, that's not a game killer. Microsoft got in trouble for refusing to allow PCs to ship with a rival browser, Netscape. Now, Apple is refusing to allow a rival phone system on the iPhone. (Isn't even really a phone system. I have to decide against Apple on this one.
Hey! Who said competition isn't good for bringing prices down. Way to go Microsoft! Yeah! And, you know what? This Zune even looks nice. I can imagine business people really liking this thing.
Sounds like we are all being a bit over-charged, here...
What spelling? "Behaviour"? It's British. Us Americans are the strange ones...
For the same reason you can choose your own long-distance carrier on your home landline phone even though the local telephone company owns the line. The local company had to open up their network. So, if we believe that was fair, I suppose we should believe that the cell companies should open up their systems, too. If course, I'm not so sure that things are so much better since we broke up ma Bell. (Did I just write that?)
Wow! That is an amazing house! I hope it is saved.