or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by justbobf

I think Apple may have not included iBooks before for anti-trust purposes. You will remember that Apple complained that Microsoft included Internet Explorer but refused to include other browsers as a default install.
>>>iBooks suffers the same price disadvantage relative to Amazon   ​I like Apple's iBooks for altruistic purposes. Before Apple got into the game, Amazon was taking 70% and giving authors 30% of the sale. Apple turned that on it's head. Even today, they impose their 30% or 35% author payout on many occasions, such as sales to certain foreign countries, or if your book is priced at a certain amount. So, I think Apple is more fair to authors.
Really? Did you drive one? I did, and I liked it! You must be really picky!
Kind of says something about Apple that Google made such an app first. I don't know what it says; but, it's a great idea and Apple should have had it years ago…
The trouble with iTunes Radio is that you cannot say if you like or don't like a song currently playing playing, like you can with Pandora. It's like Eddie Cue is tone deaf…don't they ever look at their competition?
Maybe another reason that North Korea may have problems a because there is very little trade for then because of all the sanctions
Maybe Apple didn't want to get hacked, too. That would be very bad for them. Seems like a smart move for them.
Maybe you volunteered to work 16 hours. I think these guys are forced to. I worked in a sweat shop once, and let me tell you, it was no fun. I think we all need to have more sympathy for these overworked employees. Apple is not all golden all the time, folks. We do not have to say they are wonderful all the time. We can be, and indeed should be, objective.
I think Mark is exactly right. Tim is right, too. Apple way overcharges for its products. If everyone charged like Apple, we could not afford to buy services that are now advertising supported. Would you really want to pay for Facebook and Google? Google gives us a lot of stuff in exchange for advertising to us. And, Apple is being a bit disingenuous, too, saying they don't sell our data. They do have iAd after all.
Apple probably did violate anti-trust laws by colluding with other companies. The idea of not being able to sell books at different prices on different stores took away competition. But, the real criminal here is Amazon. They took ( and often still do take ) 70%, leaving the author with 30%. Apple turned that on its head and gives authors 80% (or is it 70% ?) and keeps the remainder. That's good for authors. It is also good for authors to be able to set their own prices,...
New Posts  All Forums: