or Connect

Posts by pmz

Yes there is! It compromises the entire design, for an incredibly stupid reason! Don't use your phone in the pool! Unbelievable.
We don't? I would vehemently disagree. I'm sure you're paying close enough attention to know the actual cover glass for the 4.7" has leaked, and it indeed curves at the edges, to match up to the curving sides. Case closed as far as I'm concerned.
Vaporware is when you show off a product that ships in "6 months" and it never ships. That said, I don't understand why Apple would create distraction at their iPhone event, if the wearable is not shipping until 2015. Pointless.
By the way I find it fantastic the way a legit rumor can be so misconstrued for so long. How long have we been hearing about "Curved glass" or "Curved displays"?   How many wrong ideas and mockups have we seen based on this interpretation?   How many people have we seen try to explain and justify a curved display?   When all along, this is all Apple was trying to do.....round the edges of the glass (the BEZEL section) so that its curves in to the already curving...
I DO wonder however what the bands are made out of....given their location on the top and bottom....they look to be in a position that could bear the brunt of impacts....and if they are indeed plastic....crack or chip severely. I really hope this does not become like the iPhone 5's terrible chamfered edge which exposes sharp raw metal with smallest of dents.
I couldn't care less about the bands. I also couldn't care less about waterproofing. Guess this is the device for me!
  I'm surprised I would even have to describe this. In no particular order.... -The iPod touch is the bastard child of the iOS device family.-Apple has never given it prominence over the iPhone...the most they have ever done is bring it somewhat inline with the iPhone with a refresh.-The iPod touch as always been the same size as the current iPhone.-This means it is INDEED possible that we'll see a new iPod touch at a new size...but only if there is an iPhone at that size...
There are so many others too that I forget about and still experience daily. Yesterday I was looking (not changing) Settings > Photos. I exited Settings and opened the Photos app...which promptly crashed. Reopening the App and it was "fine". But this shouldn't be happening. Speaking of Photos and iCloud Photo Library...I still have dozens of blank, phantom photos/videos that appear from the time period when iCloud data was wiped as part of the beta period. There is no way...
Real work is using more than 1 App at a time. Real work often means having 10-12 Apps open in the background to switch between. Real work implies Safari and Mail both running smoothly. Real work implies CREATING a file. Be it a keynote, PDF, video or audio file.   All of the above I find Apple's slower machines (looking at you, MBA) to suck at. If you want a machine that is not constantly handicapped by a small amount of RAM, and very low clock speed, do not get a...
Actually...you're right. All of the above. I don't care where you're from, or what your excuse is. English Language (as the example here) has a standardization. Anyone can learn to speak Standard English. You're right that it may be tougher for uneducated morons that are happy to call their local dialect "culture" instead of "ignorance".  But you don't see too many people rise to positions of importance, authority, or success unless they can speak like an educated...