or Connect

Posts by pmz

Apple Music on Android is a huge disappointment. This should never have been allowed.   A lot of people at Apple must be furious over this. Clearly it was a decision made by an upper management team that has lost respect for the values once held deeply at Apple. Android is a stolen product, and people stupid enough to use it do not deserve access to Apple-created software and services.   There is no excuse for this. There is no money to be made on Android. Maybe the...
No, please no. I won't go so far as to say "Apple wouldn't" because they have indeed done a lot of stupid things in recent years that I would never have expected.   But this is idiotic. The home button is an essential part of the user experience. Apple got it right in the beginning, and they did it even better with the Touch ID sensor in the Home Button.
Power Reserve mode is a much better solution. It is easy to turn on, and accomplishes far more. All functions are disabled except the basic time in a very dim green light, and the screen will not activate automatically at all.
Not every function of every iOS device has to be considered for Apple Watch. The wrist worn notification device has very specific value and uses, and that should be easy to understand to anyone with half a brain.   Go look at the forums of certain bottom of the barrel Apple sites and look at the Apple Watch section. You'll find a plethora of idiots who don't understand what the watch is for, at all. People complaining about the lack of a web browser. On their...
Video Calling was never going to replace Audio Calling. It has been around long enough and is common enough for it to have established its purpose and use case.People use Video Calling for loved ones who are far away, either permanently or temporarily. Its for when there is a specific desire to "see" someone...not simply because 'video is always better than just audio'.
Here's why this makes no sense at all:   1) A free trial is a free trial. Apple isn't making money for the service, neither should anyone else. 2) The entire purpose of the free trial is to hook users that otherwise WOULD NOT, I repeat, WOULD NOT just sign up for $9.99 day one and start handing over money to Taylor Swift every month for the rest of their lives. 3) Every artist in the world should be on their knees kissing Apple's ass for continuing to give value to...
I think this is exactly the direction they are going. Very sensible, user friendly, and powerful. Completely agree that there is little reason to maintain "iTunes Match" and "iTunes Radio", when iCloud Music Library / Apple Music roll it all in together.   And, Apple supporting FLAC natively (both 16 and 24 bit), even if they don't sell it, would be a dream come true.  But I think there is an obstacle when it comes to the cloud....   VOX is an app for Mac and iOS that...
Considering Apple has allowed App Extensions since iOS 8, something like this may already exist and work directly within the Photos app.
Why on earth did Apple not announce AppleTV SDK at WWDC? That was the time to do it. Even if the new hardware/software wasn't launching until the fall....the summer months are the BETA months. This is when developers get active and start spending time on what's new.
Last time I checked, the world is still full of PCs with platter harddrives that are slower than the Flash memory in the first iOS devices.